Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

need well designed header for truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, your coming to my house. I own Memphis!
Launching!

Does anyone have numbers on any of these? I don't want to drop $500 and only gain 5-10 hp. Surely one of you has numbers, I would hate to think that you would drop this kind of money and not know what to expect and have no proof of what you've gained. I'm not trying to be an *** but I do want to make this mod but would like to know what to expect before I jump in. This shouldn't be a very difficult request.
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slow, you will be pleased with the Team Tripp tranny. Did you go with the Super Duty?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I feel like those guys know their stuff. I also like that warranty. It shows these guys have confidence in their products. Since the motor hasn't made it yet, I'm still deciding between the two. I don't know if I'll need their top dog.

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Slow, you will be pleased with the Team Tripp tranny.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't doubt that. You didn't waste any gas on the Greenville boys.lol. I'm just coming your way because from what I've heard, Memphis is a better track than Greenville, and my times have always sucked at Greenville.

Originally Posted by 2000_Silverado_SS
Oh, your coming to my house. I own Memphis!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by superchargedchevy02
Does anyone have numbers on any of these? I don't want to drop $500 and only gain 5-10 hp. Surely one of you has numbers, I would hate to think that you would drop this kind of money and not know what to expect and have no proof of what you've gained. I'm not trying to be an *** but I do want to make this mod but would like to know what to expect before I jump in. This shouldn't be a very difficult request.
All I can say is ASM all the way don't waste $600 like I did for no gain. Make it long tubes and ASM.

(wuz)Slowprocess - you know I'm joking, I can't even beat TNtruck on this site. Everyone witnessed that at thunder shootout.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kinda off topic, but do you like the Nitto slicks? I remember you had them at Greenville, and I'm trying to make my mind up on some good street slicks.

Originally Posted by 2000_Silverado_SS
All I can say is ASM all the way don't waste $600 like I did for no gain. Make it long tubes and ASM.

(wuz)Slowprocess - you know I'm joking, I can't even beat TNtruck on this site. Everyone witnessed that at thunder shootout.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Kinda off topic, but do you like the Nitto slicks? I remember you had them at Greenville, and I'm trying to make my mind up on some good street slicks.
Yes I like them, just put on a new pair. I think they look pretty good. Won't say they are the best out there but they sure put me out front of high powered sports cars on the street. Very happy with them therefore have not tried anything else, plus tire size is an issue on 18" rims. For $500 dollars a pair that ought to open up countless options on tires.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I feel like those guys know their stuff. I also like that warranty. It shows these guys have confidence in their products. Since the motor hasn't made it yet, I'm still deciding between the two. I don't know if I'll need their top dog.
Talk to Bernard. Tell him what you will be doing with your set up and he will take care of you.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info, quick.

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Talk to Bernard. Tell him what you will be doing with your set up and he will take care of you.

Quick Reply: need well designed header for truck