Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

need more power

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more power

Hello everyone, I'm new here and looking for opinions. I have a 2001 GMC Sierra RC/SB with a 4.8. What I've done so far is a 4.10 with a Eaton posi, Volant, Superchips programer, 180 stat, Transgo shift kit, ASP crank pulley and a Flowmaster Cat Back without the muffler. I think it runs ok but I want more but I'm not sure what to do. I've thought about ASM headers with true 2.5 duals without the cats and maybe a cam swap. Am I on the right track?? Does anyone have any idea what this would run in the quarter (estimated)?? I'm looking for mid 13s?????
Old 12-13-2003, 02:40 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a custom tune?
ASMs are a good idea. How about e-fans to free up a little power there...umm...are you afraid to use a supercharger or nitrous? That would get you into the 13s no problem.

How did those ASP pullies feel after you put em in? Was thinkin about them, but have heard differing opinions.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
How about a custom tune?
ASMs are a good idea. How about e-fans to free up a little power there...umm...are you afraid to use a supercharger or nitrous? That would get you into the 13s no problem.

How did those ASP pullies feel after you put em in? Was thinkin about them, but have heard differing opinions.
Well, I couldn't tell from one thing to another because I had a couple things done at one time. It seems to rev easier though. I have a order from Jeg's for the Perma Cool Cool Pack 2 electric fans but haven't recieved them yet. THey are back ordered. What is custom tuning and where can I go to get it?