PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   Need a Intake Manifold for my H/C lq9 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/need-intake-manifold-my-h-c-lq9-517822/)

bgray 05-14-2013 02:37 PM

Need a Intake Manifold for my H/C lq9

Hey guys

I have had quite the documented Issues with my lq9 231/234 and prc 2,5 243 and FAST LSXRT and 102MM TB issues.

Motor has been great, but the FAST parts have been a nightmare since day 1.

Justin at Blackbear was having tuning issues, and after 8 hours of tuning at a very well known LS based tuner shop, we have concluded that the FAST intake and TB isnt worth a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin getting it on.

So i need a new setup. I see a lot of guys talking about how great the TBSS setup is, is that my best option? I will need a new TB also. Currently on Marine injectors and fully bolted.

O wise ones, point me in a direction, Links would be great!

02_Orange_D1SC 05-14-2013 06:16 PM

do the TBSS setup i went threw the same thing you did with the fast LSXRT so far the TBSS setup has been awesome on my heads cam 6.0 i made 20RWHP and 10RWTQ over the stock 78mm truck intake.

im also running a 92mm NW TB so your 102 wont work and you will need a corvette fuel filter to the return less fuel rails but other then that its pretty strait forward swap

bgray 05-14-2013 07:46 PM

I read into a thread on a return less setup for TBSS, guys were using the stock rails just modding the cross over with an fittings.....why did u use vette railes?

Im aware the intake and tb are useless now. Is the nick williams TB a 4 bolt? I like the idea of a TBSS/NNBS intake, however all the ones ive seen so far look really ugly, are you running an engine cover?

SumtinCoo 05-14-2013 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by bgray (Post 5103374)
I read into a thread on a return less setup for TBSS, guys were using the stock rails just modding the cross over with an fittings.....why did u use vette railes?

Im aware the intake and tb are useless now. Is the nick williams TB a 4 bolt? I like the idea of a TBSS/NNBS intake, however all the ones ive seen so far look really ugly, are you running an engine cover?

He meant using a vette fuel filter on the return less rails because it has a place to hook a return line into it. But using the stock fuel rails and modifying the crossover looks the best.

02_Orange_D1SC 05-14-2013 09:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bgray (Post 5103374)

im running the stock 07 up NNBS/TBSS fuel rails with the corvette fuel filter its internally regulated to 58PSI so theres no need to run a fuel pressure regluator like on 99-03 return setup

yes the NW is a 4-bolt setup but if you plan on trying to run your fast 102 it wont fit unless you hog the shit out of the intake to get it to fit biggest one you can run is a 92 it fits perfect

heres what mine looks like i might do a TBSS engine cover sooner or later Attachment 115910

heres a pic of the fuel filter Attachment 115911

skolman91 05-15-2013 01:11 AM

Your truck is too nice for a tbss intake imo unless you planned on covering it up with a nice cover, thought about the edelbrock intake any? would look great under your hood, i have no idea how hard it is to tune but it has to be better than a fast..
And i just noticed their happens to be a really nice one in the classifieds right now..lol

02_Orange_D1SC 05-15-2013 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by skolman91 (Post 5103504)
Your truck is too nice for a tbss intake imo unless you planned on covering it up with a nice cover, thought about the edelbrock intake any? would look great under your hood, i have no idea how hard it is to tune but it has to be better than a fast..
And i just noticed their happens to be a really nice one in the classifieds right now..lol

IMO the pro-flo XT isnt worth it either unless you plan to run steep gears and a big converter with high compression. theres a big thread on that intake on here pretty sure its RAFFMAN that did the post he lost bottom end TQ and PWR on his procharged 370 when he did the pro-flo XT. plus theres heat soak with the aluminum.

BGRAYS setup is very similar to mine i looked at every option the best i could find was the TBSS/NNBS intake only other option was a fast 92mm or a fast 102mm for a f-body aka LSXR but i dont want anything to do with fast products anymore I'm pretty sure BGRAY dosent either.

oakley6575 05-15-2013 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by skolman91 (Post 5103504)
Your truck is too nice for a tbss intake imo unless you planned on covering it up with a nice cover

I agree with this :D

Not many other routes but holley just released a short runner hi ram that looks like a nice piece.

diRty?biRd 05-15-2013 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 115908

Damn I just ordered a high ram a few weeks ago, wish I would have seen this. Must have just come out.
bgray.... I would try this for sure, then let us know how it is. :D

bgray 05-15-2013 07:38 AM

Fuck I dunno what to do guys. LAst thing i want to do is Fuck around again with a intake that isnt proven! Fuck it loosk good tho lol

Think im gonna put the stocker one, 6.0 engine covers, and call it a day. Im tired of fucking around.