Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut that bitch out with a tourch!!! Make it a 20min job.

BTW, I would keep all of the rice stuf and when you beat another ricer and they ask what you have done to it tell the it is the rice mods you have.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by explorer5.0
Are you using a kit to install the engine?
Been looking for one that has a good reputation and have come across a few but nothing too promising yet.

There was this company...
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/parts...gEquipment.htm
But I read on LS1tech that their stuff is junk.

These two look to be the most promising but...

http://www.xatracing.com/
http://www.speedfetishperformance.com/

if it isn't gonna be too too hard I'm gonna try to fab most of it up myself. If you know anyone that has a kit that has a good rep let me know.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am pretty sure that is the KA motor that they used to put in the nissan pickup trucks. my buddy has an 89 240 with a KA motor so thats the only reason i know...

I love seeing ls swaps into other vehicles! I am waiting to get my hands on a 93-98 BMW 3-series so I can swap an LS1 in and improve the weight distribution since it is the same weight and smaller than the completely iron inline engines they have in there. I have been in contact with someone on craigs list to get a non running one for ~$800 heheh
Old 12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Just let me know... i have alot of crap... even have 2 sets of stock Injectors... Ill make you a good deal to help your build..

I would guess it would be eaiser to get the car up on jackstand pretty high and drop it out the bottom... its screwed anyway.. so what does it matter if it hits hard, right? is the trans in good condition?
Yeah I don't care about the engine or the trans but Rob (aka blkssncpt) said he has a buddy that might want it. I'll PM him about it and if not I'll just junk it. Was told that they will drop out fairly easily so looks like that's what I'm gonna do.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by UnrthdxDream
I am pretty sure that is the KA motor that they used to put in the nissan pickup trucks. my buddy has an 89 240 with a KA motor so thats the only reason i know...

I love seeing ls swaps into other vehicles! I am waiting to get my hands on a 93-98 BMW 3-series so I can swap an LS1 in and improve the weight distribution since it is the same weight and smaller than the completely iron inline engines they have in there. I have been in contact with someone on craigs list to get a non running one for ~$800 heheh
Yeah I found out the engine is a ka24de. Apparently they are not worth much so...whatever! Hey if your interested in that build I would recommend scoping out the LS1tech side for conversions and hybrids, I ran into a couple threads where people were dropping in LS engines into older BMW's.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh and i just talked to my buddy who did a bunch of research on 240 forums and he recommended hinson supercars...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Yeah I don't care about the engine or the trans but Rob (aka blkssncpt) said he has a buddy that might want it. I'll PM him about it and if not I'll just junk it. Was told that they will drop out fairly easily so looks like that's what I'm gonna do.
Ill get you some pics of my buddies 240 SXs haha
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I found out the engine is a ka24de. Apparently they are not worth much so...whatever! Hey if your interested in that build I would recommend scoping out the LS1tech side for conversions and hybrids, I ran into a couple threads where people were dropping in LS engines into older BMW's.

oh yeah ive already seen some good threads over at bimmerforums.com but ill check out the ls1tech side of things... I have seen long blocks of the KA24de go for 50 bucks lol
Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 PM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by UnrthdxDream
oh and i just talked to my buddy who did a bunch of research on 240 forums and he recommended hinson supercars...
Well that is the first good news I've heard about them so I'll look at them again and maybe find some good stuff. So far the biggest problems I'm facing with the swap is the oil pan, the intake manifold, Motor mounts and driver's side exhaust manifold.
Oil pan I'll probably use the GTO oil pan and intake I might use (not sure what they are called) but they are on vette's and camaro's, they are real low clearance wise).
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

intake I might use (not sure what they are called) but they are on vette's and camaro's, they are real low clearance wise).
I think they call them LS1 intakes...

Quick Reply: My '95 240sx 347ci V8 Project