Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That much loss in power?!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something is definitely wrong. Maybe your transmission is just slipping and not putting anything to the ground.

Tell the bimmer guy that I want to race him.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No i could feel a huge difference between my 5.7 and then goin to the 383. But when i was messing with the software it fealt like i had my old 5.7 back in. I went back to the things i had changed and put them back and it literally fealt like i had gained half a second. Also another thing is it seems like it might be slipping on the 1-2, and with logging it is showing about 1500 rpm slip speed around 5000 rpms. The slip seems to be comming from the converter because we locked it up and the sleep speed went to like 100 rpm. I now have it setup to where the torque converter locks in second and when it locks it pushes you back hard... theres a huge difference between it being locked and not locked, it feels like shooting a 50 shot when it locks. For some reason my converter is a little to loose. Also the other thing that is wierd is we did some testing with some of the other tunes i had came up with and there was definately a noticable decrease in power when i changed the settings, but i noticed the changes i made seemed to throw the ve table off because my fuel trims went all wacky. Could that have been what caused my power loss? All i changed was the pe multiplier and pe spark correction and then a few trans tables

Oh ya, another thing. After i loaded the tune that wasn't messed with back in i found a bmw z4 to race with the 2.5, which i beat by about 4 cars and i looked up the stats for those and they are supposed to run a 14.2 stock
Old 02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd get a professional tune....
Old 02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
I'd get a professional tune....
Uh, cool.. i wouldn't, i like doing everything myself and want to learn how. I already have a mail order tune as my base tune and the only reason for that is because they didn't make software that could tune my truck until about 3 weeks ago, but you can't get a perfect mail order tune so thats why im trying to tweak it and im learning as i go... But what i changed in theory should have made it faster, but it didn't
Old 02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absolute power to ya...Hope you figure it out and post it, maybe not even a tune issue

David
Old 02-14-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

sell it, get a 99+ ls1 truck.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hyper
sell it, get a 99+ ls1 truck.
beat me then you can talk
Old 02-15-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcfast
beat me then you can talk
ok...
Old 02-15-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh I see now you messed with the tune? So you havent been tuning long at all I assume and you probably didnt have much trouble tuning your old motor! It was pretty straight forward. From the sounds of it you need to either get with someone who has tuned a similar motor our get a dynotune. Not that you couldnt do it but from the sounds of it your truck needs some real attention in the tuning area!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rcfast
Uh, cool.. i wouldn't, i like doing everything myself and want to learn how. I already have a mail order tune as my base tune and the only reason for that is because they didn't make software that could tune my truck until about 3 weeks ago, but you can't get a perfect mail order tune so thats why im trying to tweak it and im learning as i go... But what i changed in theory should have made it faster, but it didn't
Hey RCFAST, Ken here...did you remove all the TM?

Also is your truck NA or SC? You might think about adding more info to your sig.

Ken

Quick Reply: That much loss in power?!?!?!?!?!?