Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 too big...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
My cam-only LS1 runs 13.1 @ 107. In a 4500-pound fullsize truck. And, it's a "small" cam compared to what most people run these days (TR224). Add the NX MAF kit, and it runs 11.57 @ 118. Feel free to post the video if you'd like.

right click, save as:
http://dengle.net/videos/Scream_1-14-06.wmv
That's the first time I've seen that vid. That's rather impressive. What shot and a window switch hitting at 3500???

Sounds like it hits somewhat hard.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

S10 dood ... sounds like this guy's a tool. Hope you're not related to him. Glad you finally found a site worth while.

CalTracs do work. PM me if you need a set.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

yea, so it sounds like a pretty good setup for a lil' s-10 then?! i think ill be the happiest 17 year old out there haha
Old 04-15-2006, 07:51 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyer
That's the first time I've seen that vid. That's rather impressive. What shot and a window switch hitting at 3500???

Sounds like it hits somewhat hard.
Thanks Nathan!

100 shot, no window switch as of yet. I just sprayed it 10 or 20 feet out and hoped for the best.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Xtremes10
oh i dont doubt it, but like when I say "ok these guys are running these big cams with bolt on's only" his response is "well thats not you, it wont work for you" and he still hasnt told me why it wouldnt work for me, so im pretty much fed up, most of those guys on that forum arent really educated i guess, im only 17 and im still on my learning curve, but it seems like forums that have most people who actually care about the questions you ask and will give you an educated response are the best places to be.
You know whats funny, I read through the first page of this thread up to this point. And a lot of what you said isnt what was said in the forum. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showth...03#post3244003

And how can you call my degree in Automotive Technology and my degree in High Performance Automotive Technology uneducated??? Im work in Research and Development for a very popular aftermarket company doing all of thier dyno work. Ive been testing the LS1 recently and saw first hand where and when the stock heads can go. So I am hardly uneducated, but youve never probably experienced an engine that has too big of a cam. Its not fun.

Oh yeah tell em about your $750 4 link....Ok Im gonna read the rest of the post now.

Originally Posted by Quik
rule of thumb, most ppl on the net are full of crap and dont know anything
Yup, you can tell because most people cant tell when someone who is intelligent gives them some sound advice . There are a lot of ignorant people who just read mags, but you still have to be able to reconize when someone just might know what they are talking aobut.

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 04-16-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Flyer
S10 dood ... sounds like this guy's a tool. Hope you're not related to him.
Yup the 17yr old is obviously completly right, and that guy (me) who has spend years actually studying cars and doing dyno work on Gen III is a tool.

Stock 6L, HUGE cam, 4000 stall, 4 link. Makes complete sence....
Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

yea so let me get this straight.... you have a degree in auto tech or picking on 17yo's? oh and btw, if you read the post, you tell me to come here for re-search, and they know what theyre talking bout... so once again... something isnt right, either everyone in this thread is wrong (which shouldnt be according to you) and your the only one right, or your wrong and dont want to admit it, try looking through all the "cam only" cars/trucks, you will be surprised, ever hear of a t-rex cam? how can everyone else run it, but when it comes to me i cant? cos according to you, somehow if i run a big cam it wont work, but it does for EVERYONE else right? strange, wonder why
Old 04-16-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Im not picking on you in any way, Im trying to help you.

I can admit I must have been wrong telling you to come here, see my low post count, Ive only seen a little of what they do. My bad for sending you here for more bad info.

Your jsut looking for someone to agree with you, not for actual information that might help you. Why do you need validation, just do it....lol
Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

im not im really trying to find help but when i get someone like you who tells me its completally wrong and sends me here and everyone here says its right... it gets me all confused, im not looking for validation, only for the reasoning behind why you say its wrong and it works for everyone else, as far as the 4 - link, ive decided against it already, incase you didnt read the thread, im on my way to purchasing a set of cal-tracs
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

this thread has turned into a personal battle....xtreme..just call this place called MTI, they have been working with extreme GM performance for 30+ years and i can tell you for sure they'll set you straight 281 870 8787

Quick Reply: MS3 too big...?