Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

More questions about Flex a lite VSC install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions about Flex a lite VSC install.

ok i got my ignition wire hooked up, i also have the power and ground hooked up..now i need to hook up a wire to the a/c compressor..it says there are two wires on the a/c compressor..and it says to figure out which one makes the compressor engage and see if it has a + or - signal..how do i figure these things out? also i read on the directions that there is a way to set the temp that your fans come on at but i cant find anything on the vsc that would allow me to do it..and also the green wire im supposed to use to tap into the ac compressor is missing...can i just use my own wire? thanks alot sorry for all the questions
Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt..i need some help..im tryin to get it done today...thanks
Old 03-28-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Go in your fuse box and look for the a/c fuse. Once you find it tilt the panel up and look for the wires that hook up to that fuse. There should be a green wire coming off it. Tap into that wire.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

dark green wire.

look at the (+) junction box near your alternator (red box) near that is loom that is covered with flex-loom tubing. In there will be a dark green wire. That shoudl be the one. This taken from the directions for my Nelson fan harness.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i tilted it and looked under but i didnt see no wire hooking into the fuse? i saw a dark green wire but it was hooked to a relay near the fuse? i need help quick...it has to be runnin tomorrow
Old 03-28-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't bother you have a temp sensor on the VSC
It will take care of things when things get hot
I tried hoooking mine up to the a/c and never did get it too work
It'll be fine with just the temp probe
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a test light and hook it up to the ground on the battery and poke it into one of the wires on the A/C. Turn the car and A/C on, when the clutch engages the test light will or will not light up.

If you hooked it up to the negative on the Battery and then it lights when clutch engages then it is you positive wire. If you hooked it up the the postive terminal on battery and it lights when clutch engages then it is your negative wire.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Try Again...

... to find the AC signal wire near your battery red plastic junction box and power steering pump. The wire is in a bundle running under the front of the motor from the passenger side coming out near your battery red plastic junction box and power steering pump. Peel into the plastic looming and find the green wire. Bam! When your AC compressor kicks in the wire will be hot. Connect it according to the instructions.

On the VSC there is a small hole with the temp adjustment screw. You will need a very small flat tip screw driver. Go in there very carefully.
After you get all hooked up, let the motor idle with no AC on and watch the dash temp gauge climb to 210. If the fans come on before 210 move the screw until they cut off. If they do not come on at 210, move the screw slowly until they just come on.
It's ok for it to go a little past 210 before they come on. The more you let it go past 210 the longer the fans will run and the less they will cycle. Set to come on at 210, they will cycle more. A personal preference.

Now turn on your AC and see if the fans cycle with the Compressor.

Enjoy the city driving MPG increase and the added pep off the line. Also enjoy ice cold air conditioning when sitting still in summer traffic. highway milage should increase by at least 1 mpg.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok i looked and didnt find ****...there is no wire loom deal that runs by the power steering pump and the junction box..also will i have to peel the black tape they are wrapped in or will it not have black tape..some i looked in didnt..thanks for tryin to help but im a dumbass and suck at this..so can anyone else help?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was in a hurry when I first did mine and just hooked to the wire right at the ac compressor. When you have more time, you can trace that wire back down the harness for a cleaner looking install.

Quick Reply: More questions about Flex a lite VSC install.