Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow SSS 6.0l catback on My 5.3 ext cab k1500

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow SSS 6.0l catback on My 5.3 ext cab k1500

Finally Done, Thanks Magnaflow, Klugss and The Rock;
I put an entire Silverado SS exhaust on My 2003 GMC Sierra K1500 5.3 ext Cab. It didn't require any cutting or welding just some misc GM parts.
So for those who want some tame Duals and don't have to means to have it custom made, here's my bolt on version.

The first thing was to find 6.0l manifolds because the pasenger side collector flange differs slightly from the 5.3. I also had to obtain a 6.0l tranny- heat shield bracket. It acts as an exhaust Hanger as well.

Magnaflow (off the shelf Cat back) meant for a Silverado SS, part 15840
It features dual 2.5" pipes all the way back with two resonators under the cab for the drone.The system also uses a cross Flow Muffler to balance out the dual pipes.Fits on a k1500 with no problem, Granted you need the 6.0 cat pipes to match up or a custom shop to split the factory Y Pipe.

Before and after shot;

Sounds pretty quiet compared to My step side but all in all I like it for the daily Hog.I would of like to gone with headers but couldn't swing it right now. I had the factory **** coated due to the horrible salt up here.
Plus it looks cool.

I'm going to the dyno to see some after results. I'm not expecting alot but at least the exhaust is ready for a lot more than the 5.3 will give it for now.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Looks sweet

Any chance you can get a sound clip? Just wondering how loud and deep it sounds.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Congrats looks good, glad to see you got everything worked out with it.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zick
Looks sweet

Any chance you can get a sound clip? Just wondering how loud and deep it sounds.
Hopefully,
I'll shoot some exterior shots too.
After two days its sounding better and better.

No drone, Throttle feels good and has a nice deep tone.

The Magnaflow system bolted together very well, I'm real happy with the quality. I might weld a couple of seems now that the system is bolted up and fitting good.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Looks great man, can't wait for the after numbers. Will you be coming back down to Jersey next dyno day?
Old 05-07-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tdrumm
Looks great man, can't wait for the after numbers. Will you be coming back down to Jersey next dyno day?
Definately, I waiting for them to post the next date, hopefully I'm not working.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Staging Lane

Hey, how much for the heat-shield? This is one of the first posts with the details for the swap Ive seen and it looks like a sweet deal. The kicker is you say that its a bolt on deal. If it all goes well I hope to get the 6.0 headers at the same time I get the catback (SuperMaxx & Billy Boat ). What did u pay for the coating?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by straped for cash
Hey, how much for the heat-shield? This is one of the first posts with the details for the swap Ive seen and it looks like a sweet deal. The kicker is you say that its a bolt on deal. If it all goes well I hope to get the 6.0 headers at the same time I get the catback (SuperMaxx & Billy Boat ). What did u pay for the coating?

The heat shield comes with the rubber hanger,
GM part #150714111,
I bought it used.

You wont' need it if you do the SupermaXX headers.
I asked others who have a Silverado SS, Sierra Denali with the Supermaxx system and they said the bracket was uneeded.

As far as coating it was $150

Again this is a bolt on deal on a k1500 ext cab.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Hey where did you get the 6.0L front pipes with cats? I have a SS catback and need these front pipes too...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:56 AM
14 Second Truck Club

I did something similar for mine, a bit pricier though

Went with the 6.0 version of the Dynatech SuperMaxx system with a 6.0 version of the Borla catback. I LOVE it. Nothing sounds sweeter than longtubes with true duals.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow SSS 6.0l catback on My 5.3 ext cab k1500