Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LT1 fans,tranny cooler, and Nelson harness installed last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LT1 fans,tranny cooler, and Nelson harness installed last night

Well, finally I finally got a load off my mind and got my permacool tranny cooler installed. I ran it in the middle of the grille, hoses down through two holes cut in little plastic piece between grille and bumper, then spliced into the top line(which better be the return line) Since I had already gotten most of the stuff out of the way for that install, we decided to go ahead and install my LT1 fans with my Nelson fan harness. We used two pieces of stainless steel to mount the fans onto, and the Nelson fan harness is simple as hell to install. Just follow the instructions he gives you. One fan cuts on when the ac is cut on, and my PCM is now controlling the fans on and off. Very factory looking install!!! Pics hopefully by tonight. I'm just glad it's all done. It is raining here, so it doesn't look like I'm going to make it to the track tonight. Oh, well, I still have until the 5th to get some kinda idea what this thing will do at the track.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Your tranny thanks you for the cooler, I'm sure. The LT1 fans are really nice, too. I have had mine installed for about 3 months and my truck has never run cooler. I didn't really notice any SOTP difference, but the lower noise level at WOT is quite apparent. What's next on the list??
Old 10-23-2004, 11:42 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see those pics...Oh-oh, just realized that I was reading my service manual upside down...the bottom's the return!!! J/K

Hey man, off topic, but what brand of hood do you have? Looks good.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CoonToot
Your tranny thanks you for the cooler, I'm sure. The LT1 fans are really nice, too. I have had mine installed for about 3 months and my truck has never run cooler. I didn't really notice any SOTP difference, but the lower noise level at WOT is quite apparent. What's next on the list??
Yeah, it cools alot better now, and I love not hearing that loud *** clutch fan running. Next on the list is some way to hook this damn thing under 40. Better shocks and some nice stickies would be a good start. If that hooks it, a nice 100 wet shot is next on the "mod" list.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Can't wait to see those pics...Oh-oh, just realized that I was reading my service manual upside down...the bottom's the return!!! J/K

Hey man, off topic, but what brand of hood do you have? Looks good.
That ain't funny!!!! It's a Goodmark cowl hood. I love it on the truck!
Old 10-23-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

I dont remember which is top, but I do remember starting the truck and holding each of the two tranny fluid lines in my hand. I could tell which one was getting hot and used that as my inlet. I believe it was the top, but now im gonna check
Old 10-23-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MacADaYear
I dont remember which is top, but I do remember starting the truck and holding each of the two tranny fluid lines in my hand. I could tell which one was getting hot and used that as my inlet. I believe it was the top, but now im gonna check
Well, this sucker is in, and I ain't ripping it apart again. Hopefully it was the top, but you guys really are killing me here.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:13 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry man, it's the top.

Yea, that hood looks cool...that's on my future appearance mod list.
Old 10-23-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey slow, which fan harness did you get from Nelson. The 2 relay or the 3 relay harness. If its the 2 relay harness let me know. I need a copy of the instructions for the 2 relay one.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by quicksilverado
Hey slow, which fan harness did you get from Nelson. The 2 relay or the 3 relay harness. If its the 2 relay harness let me know. I need a copy of the instructions for the 2 relay one.
I got the three relay kit. Don't know the difference, but let me know if you need a copy.

Quick Reply: LT1 fans,tranny cooler, and Nelson harness installed last night