Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 fan install....somebody wanna help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just need one 35amp unit for both fans? You just splice it, and run it that way because from what I read on their site it will only have one outlet?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i put lt1 fans in my old sierra, was a snap and easy. my site isnt as detailed as the other but it will run cooler and free up a lil power

http://www.geocities.com/victoryredzr2/lt1fans.html
Old 09-21-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
i put lt1 fans in my old sierra, was a snap and easy. my site isnt as detailed as the other but it will run cooler and free up a lil power

http://www.geocities.com/victoryredzr2/lt1fans.html
Are you running them off of just one 30 amp relay?
Old 09-21-2004, 10:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

if my memory is correct yes, there was one the thermo assy. i bought, and i wired the override switch to the a/c side of the thermo assy. instaed of ac system. basically they cam on at 160ish or when i flipped the switch.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just thought that one single 30 amp relay wouldn't be enough.

Aaron
Old 09-21-2004, 10:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

its near the limit but worked ok i think the fans are 10-15 amps each tops,
Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02denali
dc controller is made by dc controller. it is a wonderful unit. mac has the sight there. all you will need is the 35amp unit. this unit has worked well for me with no problems at all. with this unit my fans have never went over 50%. this keeps my truck plenty cool and draws half the amps. if you have any more questions lemme know.
Will the DCC controller come with wiring instructions for two fans....or do i need to just wire them in parrallel? And i think the model your referring to is the FK-35....just wanting to make sure everything is right before i buy and get started.

This sounds pretty good.....not too bad to be out a couple hours labor and have e-fans for about 170 bucks

Also, i dunno if this should be something i probably need to ask them. But im going to be running a ASP pulley and i noticed that they have a U/D pulley loop on the controller that makes the fans always run at 10% but it makes them run at 100% with the a/c on.......i was wondering if that would be too much draw for wiring the fans in parrallel or if just having it with the normal 50% on during a/c would be enough.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
its near the limit but worked ok i think the fans are 10-15 amps each tops,
How long have you been running it like this? I was going to hook up some fans, but I didn't want to buy a $80 controller, and I can get a hayden one just like the one that you have for $25 at work. Also, how well does that probe work for you? Last question, Do you just have the wire spliced coming off of the controller for the second set of fans, or did your controller come with two outputs? If you did it a different way please let me know. Thanks

Aaron
Old 09-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yes the fk35 is it. i had an underdrive pulley and i left it alone.it never got hot and i have a 160 therm. if it does get warm then the fans will come on faster. it comes with the wiring -instructions-and everything needed.i simply wired my fans together behind the shroud and ran one ground and one hot to the controller. it works great. be sure not to overtighten the nuts on the terminals. they only need a little tightening.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02denali
yes the fk35 is it. i had an underdrive pulley and i left it alone.it never got hot and i have a 160 therm. if it does get warm then the fans will come on faster. it comes with the wiring -instructions-and everything needed.i simply wired my fans together behind the shroud and ran one ground and one hot to the controller. it works great. be sure not to overtighten the nuts on the terminals. they only need a little tightening.
Thanks for the info man, i was wondering though....did you buy your's direct from DCC or did you buy it from a distributer?

Quick Reply: LS1 fan install....somebody wanna help me out?