Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Lost Power When I Removed My Clutch Fan!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuckerwilliam
That's the type of information I need guys, thanks and keep it coming!!! ONly bad thing, and the REAL reason why I don't wanna reset my computer is my Alpine Head Unit!!! It's crazy complicated and has 4 million settings on the bass, treble, subs, bass focusing, about 4 crossovers buikt in and phases so I will HAVE TO take the time to write down all the settings before I disconnect the battery!! I did this once before, without writing down the settings, and it took me about a month or two to get it back sounding good!! But, it's worth a shot. I'm still waiting to hear from James at RWTD to see what he says before I do snything major or drastic though.
Thanks

Ryan
You don't have to disconnect the battery to do the reset. Just pull the ECM fuse...I think it's the "ECM B" fuse under the hood.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

RED53GMC, thanks, I didn't think of the "easy" way...I'm so used to the hard way!!! LMAO

01 SIlverado.. Cool, ALthough, you prolly won't have any problems unless you're running the predator. If it's not hot where you're at, run it up to the limiter in 1st and 2nd for me without the clutchf an or e-fans, just to see what yours does.

YOU KNOW I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING!! My e-fans are installed, but I don't have the VSC wired up, I wonder if this will all "go away" when the VSC gets wired up and the ECU recognizes that Electric fans, or some type of cooling fans are installed? Hell, there may be a snesor somewhere that recognizes the weight of the fan or the fan bolt is missing and it intentionally knocks down the revs to avoid potential overheating.... I'm just tossing out piles of **** right now guys!!! But does this sound credible, or just "Yeah, I just flushed the radiator in my 69 VW Beetle" Bullshit?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

I will def let ya know how it runs without any fans on, as long as it isnt raining... which it is supposed to for the next 3 days! I really hope I dont run into any problems with wiring, thats the only thing I am worried about. If I have probs, I am sure you guys can answer them in minutes!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kewl, I'll have my ears open waiting for your post!!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I got my transmission replaced the guys that did the rebuild disconnected the battery. When they hooked it back up they didn't hook the power up for the fans. I only drove about 5 miles back to the house like that and didn't have any problems because it was cool out. I also didn't have any rpm fluctuations.

Hopefully the deal you're going through is something simple and will get figured out soon.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sure it's something so simple it'll be hilarious when I figure it out!! Thanks for the encouragement xlr8nss!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

My shifts points stayed fine when I tossed on the E-fans... on the 99 Z71 and this 01 Z71. So sounds like something is queer with the PCM or related to it temp wise or someshit like that.

BTW... if you flushed the radiator on your '69 Beetle, would you be interested in my oceanfront property in Arizona?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

BTW... if you flushed the radiator on your '69 Beetle, would you be interested in my oceanfront property in Arizona?

Does George Strait come with it for free daily concerts, and I get all the proceeds? And do I get the Golden Gate "Thrown in Free"? LMFAO!!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't know about the fans but i've got a predator too that james did and when i put in the flp trans my shift points did the same thing. think it could be something wacky w/ the predator?
Old 02-10-2004, 05:52 AM
TECH Resident

Would it help to load the stock tuning back in and then throw the pred tuning in after that. I had to do this to my cousins truck once. It was a hpp3 and his girl put the cheap gas in and in ran like crap and didn't want to idle. After I put the stock back tuning back in it ran fine. Granted he had to run the cheap stuff out of the tank but in your situation it sounds pred related. Sounds like it just went queer!

Quick Reply: Lost Power When I Removed My Clutch Fan!!!