Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Know Your Vendor - TBYRNE Motorsports LLC Company Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard about that and yes, it was shitty how it went down. It's not good for a manufacturer to tell their vendors that a product is available, the vendors start selling it and then later we find that they don't have them ready to go yet. We went back and forth with Dynatech for awhile. In the end, we got them to second day air the offroad assembly to the customer.

1slow01Z71: It sounds like your not the customer so... he should be the one that this is being discussed with if needed.

Tom
Old 02-22-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tbyrne
I heard about that and yes, it was shitty how it went down. It's not good for a manufacturer to tell their vendors that a product is available, the vendors start selling it and then later we find that they don't have them ready to go yet. We went back and forth with Dynatech for awhile. In the end, we got them to second day air the offroad assembly to the customer.

1slow01Z71: It sounds like your not the customer so... he should be the one that this is being discussed with if needed.

Tom
Well if the customer has the ORY now and the whole thing was a misunderstanding between your company and the manufacturer, its understandable. After all, your one of us performance nuts and get excited about cool new products too. Selling included. Still, your one of the best sponcors on here with one of the best reps. IMO, if a miscomunication is the first non possitive thing I've heard about your company, thats not bad. I've seen some real horror stories with some vendors on here.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks! I know how it is when your waiting for something to come in. I think most of us want it in our hands before we even pick up the phone to order! The offroad pipes are new so we don't get many requests for them right now. That was actually the first order for one of these so we just set it up to be shipped from the Dynatech to speed things up (that didn't work). The fax that went over said something like "Please let us know if the product is out of stock/unavailable for shipment". Everything should be good to go if they don't fax back to us saying that it's out of stock. A few weeks later, the customer contacts us looking for this order and we're wondering why he hasn't received it too. Dynatech didn's say why they didn't let us know that the product wasn't ready to go. They should have arrived yesterday or today.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

I know about that. I'm an impulse buyer, and thank god there are no race shops near me, I'd go bankrupt. lol At least now I have to think about it first and order over the internet.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

TBYRNE is a good company. Good deals and fast shipping. I just wish I had more money to spend with them.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He got it last night, Im not the buyer obviously but he is a close friend of mine. Seems like Dynatech needs to not make parts available to their vendors when they arent even making the product yet.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
He got it last night, Im not the buyer obviously but he is a close friend of mine. Seems like Dynatech needs to not make parts available to their vendors when they arent even making the product yet.
I agree! Thanks for the update!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Nice tom! Do you have any pictures of the warehouse? I love shelves of performance parts! I saw one shops install bay I was impressed, post up some pics of your shop projects !!

Thanks for your service to the community!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I ordered my Dynatechs and Y-pipe on a Monday from TByrne on the last day of a GP and had them at my house by the end of the same week. That's consistant with the other purchases I've made from them as well. I've had nothing but good dealings with TByrne, but I guess sometimes **** happens.

Last edited by BADMOFO; 02-23-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Teching In

I have been dealing with Tom for a LONG time. I bet its been like what? 25 years?

Seriously though, I continue to buy from Tom for what was said...He is a car/truck nut like us, AND he tries and DOES do a fantastic job. Anyone remember when he won the best website and got a brand new high speed server? I think Tom posted it on his website.

anyway....Good to know that Tom is moving to civilization. I guess modding the manure spreaders was getting old.

Quick Reply: Know Your Vendor - TBYRNE Motorsports LLC Company Info