Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a few Supercharger/Engine questions......

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just a few Supercharger/Engine questions......

Will an M90 feed a 6.0 8psi ??

Are Eaton compressors user rebuildable ???

Does anyone make an intercooler for the Series II 3800 engine (Bonneville, Gran Prix GTP, etc...) ??

Do the 3.8 and 4.3 use the same bell-housing pattern ??

....I have a few projects in the works....most of them centering around the most odd-ball 1998 S10 ever built....
Old 07-27-2004, 04:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Will an M90 feed a 6.0 8psi ??

No way!

Are Eaton compressors user rebuildable ???

I would not suggest it, there are a few companies that sell parts to rebuild them. Magnuson Products is the only Autorized re-manufacture for Eaton Superchargers. Give me a call, we can work something out.

Does anyone make an intercooler for the Series II 3800 engine (Bonneville, Gran Prix GTP, etc...) ??

Check some of the GTP sites, I think there is someone doing it.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:16 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

I had a friend w/ a 13-sec V-6 Firebird, and I asked him why he didn't run the Eaton M90 from the GP/Regal, and he said that they wouldn't work on a north-south motor for some reason? I'm not sure if there just wasn't enough room in the Firebird's engine bay or what.

I would check w/ the guys on s-seriesforum.com. They've always been helpful and seem pretty damn knowledgeable.

Ever thought about a Sy/Ty turbo setup instead?
Old 07-27-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Most of this is just ideas right now.......a friend and I are doing an LS1 swap on a 1998 S10 but since all we have currently completed is removing the 4.3 we were looking at other options as well.....the supercharged 3.8 sounded like a really cool idea but the supercharged motor I found needed the compressor rebuilt, and feeding the 6.0 with the M90 was pure curiosity (didn't the side-mount Magnacharger use an M90 ??)
Old 07-27-2004, 04:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Yelo
Most of this is just ideas right now.......a friend and I are doing an LS1 swap on a 1998 S10 but since all we have currently completed is removing the 4.3 we were looking at other options as well.....the supercharged 3.8 sounded like a really cool idea but the supercharged motor I found needed the compressor rebuilt, and feeding the 6.0 with the M90 was pure curiosity (didn't the side-mount Magnacharger use an M90 ??)

Yes it did, but the 112 would be much better. did not mean MO WAY you could not do it, but I wouln't with the better blowers available now.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Yes it did, but the 112 would be much better. did not mean MO WAY you could not do it, but I wouln't with the better blowers available now.
Me neither.....I was just curious.....

If I put a supercharger on it's certainly not going to be hacked together.......
Old 07-27-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yelo
Oh, I see, you were going to buy a 3.8 that already had the blower mounted and install that. When I compared the 3.8 in my fiances work car to the S/C 3.8 in the Impala SS it looked like they were mounted differently. I was told it wasnt an easy or cost effective swap. I think the LS1 swap would be more fun and reliable. I dont think the 3.8 will handle too much boost.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:42 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Yelo, I have a 3.8 supercharged motor and I am thinking of doing the S10 thing too. I haven't thought too far ahead yet, but I know it would be a cool swap. I am also kicking around the idea of supercharging the wifes regular 3.8 Gran Prix. Not like I don't have enuff projects already......