Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Gibbs Performance (JGP) SC Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Gibbs Performance (JGP) SC Install

Checked out the JGP site and saw they offer a JGP Eaton supercharger installed with a 5yr/75K mile powertrain warranty for $5100. Sounds like a decent deal? Is this the same or similar SC as the Raddix?
Scott
Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

same as the radix, I heard they were having problems keeping tranny's in the trucks even though they have a 75k warranty I bet their is a deductible or something. the radix omes with a 36k power train warranty but has to be installed by a professional certified person or something.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unless you have a Joe Gibbs Performance vehicle I dont think that is for you! I dont know if they will even do it on a regular ride but thats just what I'm reading! I dont see why if you actually bought a JGP truck or suv that you didnt get a supercharger already on it! The one I saw in "Truckin" was pretty nice but for the price you could have alot faster truck but some people just want his name!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:54 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Safe Side/CC
Checked out the JGP site and saw they offer a JGP Eaton supercharger installed with a 5yr/75K mile powertrain warranty for $5100. Sounds like a decent deal? Is this the same or similar SC as the Raddix?
Scott

Close but not quite. Pressed on pulley, low boost. That is how they offer the 5 year warr. I think the 5.3 trucks make about 5 psi with a 3.6 pulley.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks folks!

The web site made it sound like anyone could buy performance parts, but
they did say only vehicles with less than 12 months or 12K miles on them.

Probably going to go with the STS Turbo, just gotta make sure I'm not
going to have issues with the air filter under the truck coupled with reasonable 4WDrivin...but still haven't completely ruled out the Radix. Did seem like the HP/TQ #s were lower on the JGP SC than what I've been reading from Radix owners, so BlownChevy's post on the pulley/lower boost makes sense. Could change the pulley after the install though!

Scott
Old 06-02-2004, 10:01 AM
blownerator

Scott, I cant say too much about the STS kit since I have never sold or installed one. I have seen the kit installed and I feel there is still a little home work for STS to do before it is perfect. If you are sure you want the STS kit, give it 2 or 3 months before you buy it and keep an eye out for any problems others maybe having. If you decide to go the Radix route (better IMO ) then I am sure you will be happy with it. There are a few sponsors on the right that sell and install the Radix.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
...are a few sponsors on the right that sell and install the Radix.

Anyone in West Michigan that sells and installs that you know of?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 06-02-2004, 10:16 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by slaterbj
Anyone in West Michigan that sells and installs that you know of?

Thanks,
Brandon
http://www.magnacharger.com/dealers-michigan.htm

Hope that helps.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Scott, I cant say too much about the STS kit since I have never sold or installed one. I have seen the kit installed and I feel there is still a little home work for STS to do before it is perfect. If you are sure you want the STS kit, give it 2 or 3 months before you buy it and keep an eye out for any problems others maybe having. If you decide to go the Radix route (better IMO ) then I am sure you will be happy with it. There are a few sponsors on the right that sell and install the Radix.

Thanks again BlownChevy! I got a lot of stuff going on (moving for one) when I get back so I can easily hold off for a while to see what some other folks are saying about the STS. STS does look pretty straight forward on their website & I read the other thread on Procharger vs. STS. Guess I can just waffle around for a while like this stupid casper-looking thing and keep reading the mostly damn good info that's always on LS1Tech! Except for the "enough already" babbling about rotors (ALLCON: please don't think I'm slamming Trey! ha)
Scott
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Safe Side/CC
Scott
I can tell ya some details about the JGP truck. The local chevy dealer in my town has 2. A buddy of mine works there and we test drove them. They are the single cab 5.3 versions with the Radix. They make 5-5.5 psi of boost. They feel perty strong...but here is the kicker $41,000 for it!!! I guy bought one and ran it in the 1/4 and it did 14.2@96 with the 20's on and 13.7@99 with 16 in rims. My buddy that works up there said they can put the Radix kit on anyones truck for around $5500 this comes with a 3yr/36k powertrain warranty and has more boost than the kit that comes with the JGP truck....2-3 more psi I think he said.

Quick Reply: Joe Gibbs Performance (JGP) SC Install