Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

im dumb... resonator / muffler question..

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im dumb... resonator / muffler question..

8.1L headers, into 3" down tubes to clear the trans, dual 3" pipes into a dual in dual out 3" X pipe. That flow down the fran in true dual 3" pipes into high flow cats... out of the cats the pipes flow into the magnaflow xl muffler, dual 3" in and out muffler, over the axles and out the side in stock location..

My problem is the droone? from 1300-2300 rpms sound like a military helicoptor... you know the huge camo ones that shake your house from a few miles away...

So, im going to install two resonators... of course they will be 3" in and out... My dumb question of the day is, would it work better to install them infront of the muffler? or behind the muffler after the axle, and put the exhaust futher back towards the bumper.

The way it comes out now, its right behind the rear tire on the passinger side both 3" pipe. I have probably 1.5 to 2 feet before the bumper that i could extend them back towards the rear bumper more if it would get rid of the damn sound..