Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much T.Q. management should be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does my 0-60 times of 6.8-7.0 sound right? When I remove my tune that is almost what it runs stock! Also at 30mph I can lay into my throttle and when it downshifts it pulls hard and hits 60mph real quick. But when it gets into the next gear my RPM's drop and builds up slowly to about 4000rpm's then it will shift again, is this Torque managment?
Old 06-13-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Well there are many parts to TqMgt...

The ones I really do not like are: the abuse mode, and dumping trans line pressure at the shifts. Pulling timing isn't too bad, it's not the best but it could be better.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Visionxorb
my 8.1 you can REALLY feel the TM slow me down, cuz when sometimes when everything works out between my throttle and speed the thing just jets, im mean it actuallt feeles like the different between a SC and non SC.
Sounds like yours is one of those extreme examples I was talking about. My T/A would just shift soft with TM. My buddies 01' T/A would actually nose over and feel like he lifted the throttle, then it would jump back into it again. IFirst time I felt it I was like "why the hell did you lift?" He simply said I didn't, it was TM. LOL

So not all vehicles are set up the same. I have TQ managment put back in my car but my tuner worked around it by changing certain tables like Hitmax said. So I have safety but not to the point of annoying

Allen knows how to do all that stuff to
Old 06-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

yay tqm sucks. you can remove all tqm with the install of the shift kit and servos. you will know if you need to remove it. when it goes to shift it will fall on its face for a second and then pick back up.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by 02denali
yay tqm sucks. you can remove all tqm with the install of the shift kit and servos. you will know if you need to remove it. when it goes to shift it will fall on its face for a second and then pick back up.
yea, with just my pred and the vette servo, it wanted to shift good and get going when i was wot but the truck would start to shift then like stop then go. i couldn't stand it. with 80 percent gone it feels so much better but i can still feel a small dose of it. i guess once i get the transgo installed i'll play with both 80 and 100 percent gone.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by goshawk23
that reminds me of 01thunder at Thunder Shootout last nov. his truck would chirp second gear just by idling up to speed. then shortly after that tranny blew up
Ouch!!!!!
yeah it was a sight though wasnt it.
but what I found out about that trans was it couldnt handle no torque management like I was told it could. I went through 8 more after that weekend.
Untill I finally said enough and had it built right by a repuatable transmission shop
(insert plug here) http://www.centurytransmission.com/
Now I have a trans that candle the 0 TQM and the transgo hd2 shift kit and billit servos.
just talk to 02 Denali Got the same exact 4L65E he's got. Now it just shifts quick and clean, only barks the tires when turning a corner

Like I said though I had the pcm put back to stock to load in an 04 upgrade into it, and decided to take it for a spin before changing the settings, and man did it suck, the truck would literally sit down like someone turned the gas off when shifting between gears. and then it would kinda roll into the rpms and get going again. lets just say I wont be going that route ever again. it's like night and day. I hate driving my inlaws 04 extended cab because it just doesnt drive like mine. feels real sluggish and SLOW. of coarse its stock, and has nothing done to it
Old 06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
Ouch!!!!!
yeah it was a sight though wasnt it.
but what I found out about that trans was it couldnt handle no torque management like I was told it could. I went through 8 more after that weekend.
that **** was still funny tho. i was wondering if people were getting pissed at us because your tranny would do that. barking second in the pits. hahaha
Old 06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by goshawk23
that **** was still funny tho. i was wondering if people were getting pissed at us because your tranny would do that. barking second in the pits. hahaha
wasnt anything I could do
But thats all takin care of now, they wont have to worry about me this year
Old 06-14-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Veteran

TqMgt = or

hahahah
Old 06-14-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

I had allen remove all engine and trans tqmgt. I didn't think I had that much kicking in especially with the transgo/billets. Now after it all got removed it made a good difference. It was like someone said above that it just keeps going when it shifts. I am having allen lower the line psi below 50% to soften the shifts a little. Even with no washer in the 2nd accum it still gets a little annoying after awhile, especially with family complaining sometimes "That hurts my back when it shifts". Anyway, I like having no tqmgt now and wouldn't think twice of going back to some tqm. If I break when I install all my junk that needs to be installed, I will be doing a 65E swap.

Quick Reply: How much T.Q. management should be removed?