Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How much T.Q. management should be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F8LPONY
I crack up when I see these ganster wannabes roll by my work going maybe 35mph and chirping 2nd gear because they installed such an agressive shift kit.
that reminds me of 01thunder at Thunder Shootout last nov. his truck would chirp second gear just by idling up to speed. then shortly after that tranny blew up
Old 06-13-2004, 01:28 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by goshawk23
that reminds me of 01thunder at Thunder Shootout last nov. his truck would chirp second gear just by idling up to speed. then shortly after that tranny blew up

LOL PWN3D!!! Poor 01' Thunder
Old 06-13-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm TqMgt free for many, many 1000s of miles...I think a lot has to do with how you drive.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
I'm TqMgt free for many, many 1000s of miles...I think a lot has to do with how you drive.
Or how much power you are making

I have not had TM for about 40k miles and have had no issues. I'm not taking the chance with 480ft.lbs. of TQ hahaha
Old 06-13-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Or how much power you are making

I have not had TM for about 40k miles and have had no issues. I'm not taking the chance with 480ft.lbs. of TQ hahaha

There ya go. I'm making very little power...just bolt-ons worth. I don't see why a stock 4L60E can't hold 325-350rwhp. I don't see 4L60E with 450-500rwhp holding up behind a truck for a very long time due to the weight.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:10 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goshawk23
what happens if you don't take 100 percent tq management out when you install the transgo. i am about to install one in my truck and i was just gonna leave it at 80 percent removed......
The shifts will feel crappy. Believe me, I know.
I have 100% engine TM and 50% tranny TM removed and through the shifts I can still feel that holding-me-back feeling.
You'll know what I mean when you drive it
I think I'm going to have more TM removed, it's annoying
Old 06-13-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK my first tune from Allen I had 60% TM removed and it was a totaly different truck it was nice but then I just couldnt take it knowing that there was more power still in it so I got a Transgo+vette servo and cooler put in about 3 days ago and with the new tune I got all the TM removed. WOO HOO. Also since I got the shift kit i needed the line pressure put back to stock. I could not believe the difference in 60% TM removed and 100% TM removed it felt like it did when I went from the stock tune to the Nelson tune as far as noticable gains and SOTP I was amazed at my trucks performance. The shift kit along with the new tune was the most noticable gain I have seen so far. Spend the extra $200 bucks for the Transgo,servo,and cooler so you can get all the Tm removed. I dont remember how much tranny Tm was removed but Ill find out and I havent had a chance to hit the track and dyno but I will post results but I only have 80 miles on this new tune so I need to gove it a few hundred miels before i do those htings. Good luck and get the tune from Allen either way you go!
Old 06-13-2004, 05:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Like I said above. Take a truck with normal TM issues (not the extreme examples where the truck totally nose dives) and then change the tune with only a 100% TM removal and I doubt you see more than 1 10th at best in the 1/4mile.

I don't see an issue with removal at low power ranges but you had better reconsider it if you slap on a pwer adder
Old 06-13-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I know is going from 60% TM removed to a tune that Allen made more agressive than before for other reasons and with all Tm removed as well as she Transgo+vette I noticed a big difference at all rpm levels. The first tune I got from Allen I had issues with the low end it felt like a dog damn near stock so he did make some changes in that area as well as removing the TM. All I know is that with the current mods I have even though I havent dynoed or been to the track since new tune it has been worth every peeny I have spent and it amazing the difference in now and the day I bought it' Although this doesnt mean much I can honestly beat up on all the stock 5.3's and some lightly modded 5.3's on a normal day!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 8.1 you can REALLY feel the TM slow me down, cuz when sometimes when everything works out between my throttle and speed the thing just jets, im mean it actuallt feeles like the different between a SC and non SC.

Like I said above. Take a truck with normal TM issues (not the extreme examples where the truck totally nose dives) and then change the tune with only a 100% TM removal and I doubt you see more than 1 10th at best in the 1/4mile.

I don't see an issue with removal at low power ranges but you had better reconsider it if you slap on a pwer adder

Quick Reply: How much T.Q. management should be removed?