Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!! Help this is stumping everone

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which rocker?
Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Launching!

It was the exhaust rocker that showed signs of wear on the raised edges of the tip.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Launching!

I'm thinking a weak spring.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

sounds like a burt valve or stuck injector
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Launching!

wouldnt a burnt valve also have bad static compression? as for the stuck injector, i pondered that while at the hookah bar, and while amidst the clouds, figured that its out of the question nothing related to fuel. my compression is fine. my running compression is low by 25 psi. so something is not closing all the way and at running, as the piston comes up, it pushes some compressed air out. that was my theory. Still all help is greatly appreciated. I have a tendancy to think hard enough about something where I dream it in my sleep and it ends up becoming clearer. since i just got back from Door County, Wisconsin (i was shooting my buds AK-47 along with the other 14 guns)(guns...sex) i have not had time to dig in more. But, yeah. i must say, im living the life, havnt showered since wednesday worked open/close all weekend lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Running compression is gonna be lower on the cylinder not firing. Injector issues are common on vortec motors.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Interesting. I wonder then, you think I may have not fully seated the injector? I had taken out the old poppet system and swapped to the upgraded mpi system. I was also thinking that if the injector was not fully seated and the fuel was firing but since the injector was not seated fully air was blowing by it? because wouldnt the check engine light be on saying injector not firing? or no?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Launching!

oh, well I have not really posted any update. i swapped out the rocker arms and pushrods, and as i was valve lashing, number 5 exhaust would not tighten. every rotation, i would tighten then rotate and its loose. so thats a bad lifter. so, took intake off, put in all new lifters, intake was uber deep cleaned. that thing looks brand spankin' new. everything was scrubbed until new. so then lashed valves, and all are properly lashed. now, i have a question. Since i took my battery out, and i have been moving the crank, do i have to do a crank re-learn? i know if i take out the sensor i need a re-learn, but do i need to do it? the manual has nothing to say about that but i was wondering. also, since it hasnt started in 3 weeks from me fiddling with it and also working a lot, should i do something special when starting it? im putting everything back together today and hoping to turn the key tomorrow maybe.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

look in to replacing your spyder injection to the updated version.

http://www.theautoshop.net/VortecMPFI.htm
Old 06-09-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cams 98 silverado
I had taken out the old poppet system and swapped to the upgraded mpi system.
he did

Quick Reply: !!! Help this is stumping everone