Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Durability

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished the install of my Ebay headers...Nice. The only issue I have is with the spark plug wires near the hump on the drivers side header. I either need longer wires to get them away from the hump or find some mechanical way to keep them from touching.

If you plan on installing the headers yourself... the Factory Y pipe was the hardest part of my install. I only had a lil propane torch to heat up the exhaust manifold bolts.

Ebay headers (from DNA Motoring?) didnt come with instructions, but relatively simple to figure out. One note...both headers install from underneath.

I hope this helps
Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Bear
An example of some coated Pacesetter's that were exposed to some harsh enviromental
bull_ _ _t that someone posted.
I remember seeing that pic...that's what they'd look like in Tom or my neck of the woods after one or two winters...
Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Suddog
I just finished the install of my Ebay headers...Nice. The only issue I have is with the spark plug wires near the hump on the drivers side header. I either need longer wires to get them away from the hump or find some mechanical way to keep them from touching.

If you plan on installing the headers yourself... the Factory Y pipe was the hardest part of my install. I only had a lil propane torch to heat up the exhaust manifold bolts.

Ebay headers (from DNA Motoring?) didnt come with instructions, but relatively simple to figure out. One note...both headers install from underneath.

I hope this helps
Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I remember seeing that pic...that's what they'd look like in Tom or my neck of the woods after one or two winters...
That may be what some Pacesetters would look like, but my Dynas look far better than that. W-A-Y Better!!! :nunchuk1:
Old 07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sand man
Here is the pic of the temp fix on the spark plug wires to keep them from touching the Hump on the Header
Attached Thumbnails Header Durability-header-1.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help. I wanted to get the lpp headers, but they don't ever seem to have them, and now they aren't even listing them as available. And I can't afford a thousand dollar plus set if headers. Does anyone know of any other place to find them. The 300 ebay specials look ok, but I'm not sure I like the need to make a wire guard/retainer. I do have a 2500 hd with a 6.0 and i know I'm going to need a custom midpipe.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tyglon
Thanks for the help. I wanted to get the lpp headers, but they don't ever seem to have them, and now they aren't even listing them as available. And I can't afford a thousand dollar plus set if headers. Does anyone know of any other place to find them. The 300 ebay specials look ok, but I'm not sure I like the need to make a wire guard/retainer. I do have a 2500 hd with a 6.0 and i know I'm going to need a custom midpipe.
OBX headers have them on my SSS love them fit perfect and im AWD.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Whats up with the Mickey Mouse ear on the driver's side header? It looks like it makes a lot of problems with the plug wires.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyglon
Whats up with the Mickey Mouse ear on the driver's side header? It looks like it makes a lot of problems with the plug wires.
That's the old style Dynatech, current style OBX/Ebay stainless #3 primary, and yes you have to get creative with either home made brackets or zip ties or you will burn up some wires.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, i saw the bracket someone posted, but whats it for? Clearance or something? Optimal length? Just curious.