Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header advice

Has anybody tried putting a pro tuning lab header on a 5.3? Do they last or am I better off getting a well known brand?
Old 10-14-2016, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Never heard of that brand of headers but most headers will last a good long while. Stainless headers obviously will out last the regular mild steel ones but they are also in most cases more expensive. Some of the more known brands and the ones I have used are Pacesetter, Stainless Works, ARH, and Kooks. Those are the main ones that most here run and I personally have yet to have any issues with any of them. Going with what you can afford is going to be the bottom line to your question.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Three6GMC
Never heard of that brand of headers but most headers will last a good long while. Stainless headers obviously will out last the regular mild steel ones but they are also in most cases more expensive. Some of the more known brands and the ones I have used are Pacesetter, Stainless Works, ARH, and Kooks. Those are the main ones that most here run and I personally have yet to have any issues with any of them. Going with what you can afford is going to be the bottom line to your question.
The ones a ordered were stainless steel and I ordered them from pro tuning lab.com. they were only like 215 bucks so I didn't know if anyone knew about them or had any good or bad luck with them.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 304 Likes on 221 Posts

never heard of that brand . but those are shorty headers. you will see more performance gains out of a long tube header from a company mentioned above
Old 10-17-2016, 07:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I hate spending money, too but realized these are not fox body mustangs and good parts aren't a dime a dozen. Save your money for a good stainless set. Even OBX aren't bad. Spending more now will pay dividends later especially if you want to rely on the truck.