Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

H2O / Meth / Alcohol???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2O / Meth / Alcohol???

What is the difference between running water, meth or alcohol in an injection system? Also is "alcohol" just rubbing alcohol I can get at longs or is it something specific for these systems? I would guess that I would have to go to a speed shop for the meth!!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jnybbad
What is the difference between running water, meth or alcohol in an injection system? Also is "alcohol" just rubbing alcohol I can get at longs or is it something specific for these systems? I would guess that I would have to go to a speed shop for the meth!!
Meth works good for me costs about $3.50 a gallon and last a good tank and I'm not easy on the gas . You can try water but won't be able to spy as much as you can meth because it will bog your motor down.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Default Come on guys I know a lot of you guys run this stuff!!

Need some input!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meth cools the IAT better and raises the octane at the same time. Buy it 5 gallons at a time and it will last several weeks to months depending on your driving habits.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run 100% meth. your system needs to be designed for strait meth.

i think meth actualy has oxygen in it so it will add a little power just by runing the meth with no other changes. then with the added octane and cooler IAT's you can run more timing/boost. so far i have been able to add 5psi over what i could run on pump gas. for me that apears to be about 90hp. i am prety sure i will be able to add even more boost once i add more meth

didn't really answer your question about diferent alcohols to spray. you might goto a grand national or syclone site and do some searchs, they have been doing the alcohol thing for awhile.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

The alcohol is denatured alcohol and can be found at large Home Improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot (If you have them)..
Old 05-21-2005, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input guys. Think Ill start with water and alcohol and then look into meth when I get the bugs worked out.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jnybbad
Thanks for the input guys. Think Ill start with water and alcohol and then look into meth when I get the bugs worked out.
you should start with what you are going to use as the requisite tune will vary substantially between using water, den alky, or meth. Stick with meth, in alot of instances its cheaper than den alky (in my area) and meth and alky have the added benefit of "cleaning" the engine.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

OK, Ill do that. Where do you buy Methenol?? Do I have to go yo a speed shop or can I pick it up some place else??
Old 05-21-2005, 09:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i goto the local speed shop, they sell it for $2.50/gallon. i got 10 gallons and it looks like that is probably a 3-6 month supply. i am going to crank up the meth flow as high as i can so the consumption will go up.

Quick Reply: H2O / Meth / Alcohol???