Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting xpipe, which muffler for sound and performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting xpipe, which muffler for sound and performance

Ok, i know i have asked this before but i am for real fixing to get my xpipe and mufflers so can anyone tell me what brand to go with. I want a good sound but performance is more important. The mufflers will be turned down before the axle. Many people have suggested magnaflow, is there a certain series. Anyways, let me know what you think, what you got, and where you got it.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:25 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I've got Dynomax Bullets. Sound very mean and are loud. Also, you can get them both for less than $70-$75.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Magnaflow or Borla.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you ditching the cats or leaving them on. I would go with bullets if you left them on and go with magnaflow if you take them off. IMO
Old 09-20-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i will be leaving the cats on. eventually long tubes and hiflow cats will be on it.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cstchevy
are you ditching the cats or leaving them on. I would go with bullets if you left them on and go with magnaflow if you take them off. IMO
What makes you suggest the difference between the two?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

the sound, the bullets will sound really good becasue the cats really keep the exhaust tone down. if you were not runningthe cats the exhaust would be unbarable mostly and you would loose almost all back presure. the sound of the magnaflows without cats would be much more ideal.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cstchevy
the sound, the bullets will sound really good becasue the cats really keep the exhaust tone down. if you were not runningthe cats the exhaust would be unbarable mostly and you would loose almost all back presure. the sound of the magnaflows without cats would be much more ideal.
So i will not lose too much of my back pressure going with the x and duel bullets? Also, will this setup help me any on my top end? My truck doesnt seem to have as much top end as id like it to. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I really like the Hooker Aero Chambers. They will be quiet with the cats and an X pipe though. THey have a really deep mellow tone though.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

You could also consider the dynomax untraflo mufflers. They are inexpensive, have performance equal to a bullet because they are true straight through design, but have reduced noise compared to the bullet.

I had bullets on the camaro and cut them out because they were too loud. I installed the ultraflo mufflers, didn't lose anything at the track and the car was 1/2 as loud.

Quick Reply: getting xpipe, which muffler for sound and performance