Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 03:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge

I want to get a fuel pressure gauge to mount on the fuel rail to monitor fuel pressure. Anyone have any recomendations? Most accurate gauges? Either buy a gauge or a fuel pressure test kit. Input anyone?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I trust analog gauges a lot more than digital ones...
Old 02-05-2011, 03:52 AM
TECH Resident

I've heard and read that liquid filled mechanical gauges weren't very acurate, Don't know how true that is because just about every mechanical gauge is liquid filled. Will probably end up getting an electronic gauge when I can afford it. but til then I'd like to see what I'm running at.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a electic oil preasure gauge off the fuel rail. It's about $200 cheaper and does the same job. No leaks after 4 years. I put a tiny label that says "fuel" over the place where the gauge says oil
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't mount it on the rail. The vibration will ruin it in a matter of hours. I have a plug on my rail that I put a gauge to with tubing when I want to check it.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a gauge full time, I'd get an AutoMeter that's intended to be mounted in the cab, but if I was just planning to use it under the hood, I'd get an EFI test gauge kit...if you shop around you can get one rather inexpensively since you don't need a whole master kit, but just the gauge and universal hose that hooks on to the schrader valve. I lucked out last summer and found a whole, new in box kit with two gauges, at a swap meet for only 40 bucks...those extensive kits can get into the hundreds.

Last edited by budhayes3; 02-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Baltimore Whore

I am running a autometer gauge, from the numbers that everybody says they should be, it is right on time with it.. It is a analog gauge..
Old 02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I am running a autometer gauge, from the numbers that everybody says they should be, it is right on time with it.. It is a analog gauge..
x2. Works great.

Metco Motorsports offers the fitting to adapt this gauge sending unit to the fuel rail.

Jegs sells it. I hunted evrywhere at the time.....
Old 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Casper electronics also carries them..
Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Don't mount it on the rail. The vibration will ruin it in a matter of hours. I have a plug on my rail that I put a gauge to with tubing when I want to check it.
Maybe longer, but it will break eventually. If you're lucky, you will see a drip and remove it. There is also the chance that when it fails, it will spray gasoline at 60 psi into the fan. That won't just start a fire, it will cause an explosion just like on every episode of the old TV show CHIPs.

Originally Posted by budhayes3
If you want a gauge full time, I'd get an AutoMeter that's intended to be mounted in the cab, but if I was just planning to use it under the hood, I'd get an EFI test gauge kit...if you shop around you can get one rather inexpensively since you don't need a whole master kit, but just the gauge and universal hose that hooks on to the schrader valve. I lucked out last summer and found a whole, new in box kit with two gauges, at a swap meet for only 40 bucks...those extensive kits can get into the hundreds.
I agree. When you get the AutoMeter, it can be read by HP Tuners, when you get that.

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge