Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach coil springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:57 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eibach coil springs?

I guess this goes here instead of appearance since I want them for handling, not for looks...well, kinda
Anyway, I just got some dubs and now I want to level the truck out. The *** is in the air.
The front actually looks fine because the bumper I have (Yukon Denali front end swap)is so much lower than the Sierra bumper I had. I wanted to go with the full Hotchkis 2/4 drop, but I think going 2" in the front will be too much. Anyone have experience with either brand?
I know someone else on this board did the Denali front end swap, black truck. Is yours lowered and how'd you go about it?

Ok, my questions are:
1) Would an Eibach 1.5" coil spring in the front and 4" Hotchkis leaf springs be a good combo? Will I lose that much performance, handling wise, if I go with the Eibach coils instead of the Hotchkis?

2)I have the Hotchkis sway bars for the 2/4 drop, if I get the Eibachs, will that affect my using the front sway bar because I'm using Eibach coils and not the 2" Hotchkis coils?

3)What is the part # for the Eibach coils, either the 1.5" or the 1"(if they make these)...I can't seem to find the #, maybe because I'm dead tired and it's kinda late.

Here's a pic so you know what I'm talking about.
BTW, this is the passenger side (duh)...Note the wheel gap...ok?
The truck has the infamous "chevy lean" so there's less wheel gap on the other side.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Formerly one92rs

Default Re: Eibach coil springs?

hey buddy i did not lower mine since i live in houston. to many steep driveways. i had a 99 lowered 3-5 and the bottom of it looked like a war zone.currently i am triing to see if anyone makes a front bumper cover that is shorter like they do on the older ones.i will let you know if i find it.there is someone that has lowered theres here i seen it yesterday and man is the front cover tore up.he said he has replaced it twice already.i do want to lower mine but i cant afford to replace the cover evry time i taer it up.mine isnt lowered in the front at all i still have to be careful.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, what is with the crooked stance. I am about 1/4 to 1/2 and inch lower on the driver side than the passenger side. I have checked the alignment settings, and the body spacers, and the bed bolts, and can't see why there is a difference per side. Was a little more than 1/2" before lowering.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:45 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I think the "chevy lean" has to do with the fact that the gas tank, battery, and other heavy stuff are on the drivers side. Not to mention your own fat ***
02Denali, I didn't know they make bumper covers like ours, but shorter for lowering purposes.
The gap between the grille and the bumper cover drives me nuts already, so I'm thinking of taking it in somewhere to get it custom fitted, eliminating that gap. That will give me at least another 1/2" of clearance. I know I have to lower the back though, it looks stupid.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:06 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

nice rims! they look better on your truck than mine though... ive been thinking of getting rid of mine they are heavy mugs! but no one in my area seems to have them yet and ive had them over a year and a half so until i see someone with them in my area im keeping them...im starting to like the looks of drag lites more than 20s and 22s...although i did want to kill my brother when he curbed my 22s on the SLLLOOOOWWWWW 4.6 expedition a couple of weeks ago..
but your truck will look sic with a 2/4 i say you go for it and give us a full body shot... you so cal guys have some nice lookin trucks!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

I would just drop the rear and leave the front alone. its sits at a good height
Old 07-09-2003, 03:50 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I would just drop the rear and leave the front alone. its sits at a good height
Do you know any company that makes sport springs, like for handling, that keeps the stock height?
I want good handling, and while putting the Hotchkis leafs and sway bar will do good for the back, what will the overall handling be like? Stock front suspension and sporty rear suspension? hmm...
Old 07-09-2003, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Id get some coilovers personally, that way you get whatever height you want, i wouldnt go any lower, and get good handling characteristics. HAL could probably make some for you, and maybe even Eibach. youd have to call them direct to do it. It would be worth a try
Old 07-09-2003, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

HAL could probably make some for you, and maybe even Eibach. youd have to call them direct to do it. It would be worth a try

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

your hotchkis sway bars may be allright but im not sure. Hotchkis may have 2 bar sets for trucks that are lowered and trucks that are not. If you end up not being able to use those bars definitely let me know, cuz you know I'll buy em!

Dude Chingon those rims look very slick! Your front end is crazy low though! A 1.5" drop is the max I would go. Even then your'e gonna be hittin your bumper for sure.

Eibach makes high quality stuff so going with their springs front and rear would probably be a great way to go! Also be sure to get some edlelbrock shocks

Quick Reply: Eibach coil springs?