Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

dynatech header?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynatech header?

would it hurt more then help if i ran my dynatech 5.3 y-pipe on my 6.0 then just do a single 3'' all the way back? or should i get the 6.0 mid pipes and stay duels? im trying to not have to spend $600 on the mid pipes when i got
the 5.3 style now. Im also thinking about selling the dynas and getting the LPP so i would have a 3'' y-pipe then 3'' the rest of the way back.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

regardless go 3" either Y or duals! id do true duals with or without X pipe
Old 03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

It won't be optimal, but it won't kill you if money is tight. I'm in the same boat, I have StainlessWorks LT's with 2.5" collectors and catted y-pipe, and can't afford to do diddly with it, so I'm going to rock a 3" cat-back with a 3" DMH electric cutout after the Y. I have planned an LQ9 build, just don't have the funds to get it off the ground at the moment. If I had the dough, I'd go with 3" collectors, and either a 3" Y into 3.5" single back, or dual 2.5's with an x-pipe (which was my original plan until I had to sell off my parts to pay my rent lol)
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

I would sell the dyna's and go with the LPP and Y pipe.. Only because you are going to have a 6.0 with boost.. It could be a choking hazard.. lol.. Billy man if i was you, I would keep the headers you have, just run a true dual right off the current headers, roll with it, even if you get the funds to switch up pipes... True dual 2.5's will sound great, be plenty for a mild cam'd 6.0 imo
Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True dat, while not optimal, if ya don't have the coin, rock what u have. And yes, I found out yrs. ago, different pipes are used on a 6L systen than a 5.3. 6L setup from Corsa uses dual pipes, but u sound like u know that already. Maybe it'll save some weight.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
I would sell the dyna's and go with the LPP and Y pipe.. Only because you are going to have a 6.0 with boost.. It could be a choking hazard.. lol.. Billy man if i was you, I would keep the headers you have, just run a true dual right off the current headers, roll with it, even if you get the funds to switch up pipes... True dual 2.5's will sound great, be plenty for a mild cam'd 6.0 imo
Eventually...I'm putting together a cheap alternative for now. I've decided that whatever exhaust that I got with has to have a cutout(s). I really want 3" collectors also, but have to have cats for NJ visual. Maybe eventually go with something with a 3" ORY and cut and weld in some of these "non catalytic converters":

But for now I'm stuck with the 2.5's and 3" back...unless I find a rare painting in my basement that I can sell for a mint
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

I was just checking out LPP's website for poops and giggles, and they have pics of their GM LT's and ORY in their gallery, but when you check out the items for sale, all that their listing are the shorties...thought that I heard once before about their LT's being back-ordered...

Anyway, not sure if this helps you blown 04, but I'm planning on using my existing LT's and 2.5 y-pipe (for now...cats are !! btw)...

and cutting my existing Gibson 3" cat back and bolting or welding in something like this:

Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 AM
On The Tree

I think im gona sell the dynas and get LPP headers then do a 3'' system back. can anyone tell me if the factory hangers are all in the same spot on these trucks? what i mean is can i buy a dynomax 3'' intermedite pipe and use the factory hangers?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I was just checking out LPP's website for poops and giggles, and they have pics of their GM LT's and ORY in their gallery, but when you check out the items for sale, all that their listing are the shorties...thought that I heard once before about their LT's being back-ordered...

Anyway, not sure if this helps you blown 04, but I'm planning on using my existing LT's and 2.5 y-pipe (for now...cats are !! btw)...

and cutting my existing Gibson 3" cat back and bolting or welding in something like this:

hey Billy where did you get them stainless pipes at? that setup looks good
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Im running LPP headers and Y and i bought a Corsa touring ment for the 5.3L and everything bolted right on, i had duals from the factory on my SS.

Quick Reply: dynatech header?