Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft loops

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft loops

Anyone have pics for what they did for there drive shaft loop?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Do you have a one piece or two piece driveshaft? I had to do two loops on mine because of the two piece driveshaft. I fabbed them up from extra materials in the shop, not pretty but they get the job done and let me pass tech.

Front loop near tranny:

Rear loop after carrier bearing:

Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet. Thanks for the pics, they'll definitely help me figure out how to install some on my truck.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

BMDMAX,
Hey was just taking a closer look under your truck and was wondering how your fuel system works.. I see you are running a lift pump then you have two regulators what are they for? Obviously one would be for the lift pump to Injection pump, but what is the other?
Any chance you can translate your sig abbreviations on the LB7?
Suncoast Stage 4. HJAT 145. Stealth 215, KD VA 200+, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flipper
BMDMAX,
Hey was just taking a closer look under your truck and was wondering how your fuel system works.. I see you are running a lift pump then you have two regulators what are they for? Obviously one would be for the lift pump to Injection pump, but what is the other?
Any chance you can translate your sig abbreviations on the LB7?
Suncoast Stage 4. HJAT 145. Stealth 215, KD VA 200+, KD N2O, KD 40 Over Injectors, MDP Custom Fuel System, KD MEGA Filter.

Thanks
I run an Aeromotive A1000 pump ***** out as a lift pump out of the tank. The two valves you see there are for switching the fuel system over to my race cell in the bed of the truck. One is for feed, the other is for return.

The race cell allows me to bypass the restrictions of the stock tank pickup and run race diesel undiluted with the fuel in the stock tank.

The fuel is regulated before the injection pump and uses a bypass style return, hence the need for the two valves.

The signature translation is as follows:

Suncoast Stage V = A full Allison 1000 race transmission from www.suncoastconverters.com that will hold 700 plus HP.

HJAT = Edge Hot Juice with Attitude - Module program good for 150+ HP at the rear wheels.

Stealth 215 = Quadzilla Stealth Tuner for Duramax - 215 RWHP Competition Program Tuner plus speed limiter removal, code clearing, etc.

KD VA 200+ = Van Aaken Smart Box E 200+ RWHP Competition program

KD N20 = A custom nitrous setup assembled by Kennedy Diesel and myself. Good for a 250 RWHP shot.

KD 40 Over Injectors = 40% larger than stock fuel injectors. Good for about 70 ponies all by themselves. Add a big program and nitrous for 700 plus ponies.

MDP Fuel System = What I assembled above to solve fuel starvation from running the big programs.

KD Mega Filter = You don't see it in the photos but there is a 1 micron fuel filter in-line before the engine. Clean fuel is an absolute must with the 25,000 plus PSI the fuel rail generates to feed the injectors. Dirty diesel at that pressure does serious damage to the injector tips.

SPA DG211 = SPA DG-211 Digital Boost with Pyro in 1 gauge. SPA Digital Boost with Pyro comes complete with probe and pressure sender. Very sensitive and accurate. Stores maximum recorded values for easy recall. Programmable "high limit" warning lights along with outputs for external alarm. Backlight switchable between red and green.

Hope this was not too much to get through.....
Old 03-17-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
I run an Aeromotive A1000 pump ***** out as a lift pump out of the tank. The two valves you see there are for switching the fuel system over to my race cell in the bed of the truck. One is for feed, the other is for return.

The race cell allows me to bypass the restrictions of the stock tank pickup and run race diesel undiluted with the fuel in the stock tank.

The fuel is regulated before the injection pump and uses a bypass style return, hence the need for the two valves.

The signature translation is as follows:

Suncoast Stage V = A full Allison 1000 race transmission from www.suncoastconverters.com that will hold 700 plus HP.

HJAT = Edge Hot Juice with Attitude - Module program good for 150+ HP at the rear wheels.

Stealth 215 = Quadzilla Stealth Tuner for Duramax - 215 RWHP Competition Program Tuner plus speed limiter removal, code clearing, etc.

KD VA 200+ = Van Aaken Smart Box E 200+ RWHP Competition program

KD N20 = A custom nitrous setup assembled by Kennedy Diesel and myself. Good for a 250 RWHP shot.

KD 40 Over Injectors = 40% larger than stock fuel injectors. Good for about 70 ponies all by themselves. Add a big program and nitrous for 700 plus ponies.

MDP Fuel System = What I assembled above to solve fuel starvation from running the big programs.

KD Mega Filter = You don't see it in the photos but there is a 1 micron fuel filter in-line before the engine. Clean fuel is an absolute must with the 25,000 plus PSI the fuel rail generates to feed the injectors. Dirty diesel at that pressure does serious damage to the injector tips.

SPA DG211 = SPA DG-211 Digital Boost with Pyro in 1 gauge. SPA Digital Boost with Pyro comes complete with probe and pressure sender. Very sensitive and accurate. Stores maximum recorded values for easy recall. Programmable "high limit" warning lights along with outputs for external alarm. Backlight switchable between red and green.

Hope this was not too much to get through.....

Wow! Nice work! Looks like you have a few bucks in her! Have you modified your stock sending unit yet? I saw where you run off the fuel cell at the track..
Dont know if you have seen this http://www.socaldiesel.com/
There sending unit is a nice upgrade and stops the vacum problem.. I run a Duramax sender on my gas truck and recently changed to theirs.. I am real intersted in your stacking of programmers and how well they work together..
Your truck is very impressive!

Thanks for sharing your info!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep,

I have seen the pickup. It actually came out right after I had already disassembled mine and "rebuilt" it for max flow. Mine is not billet but it was nothing some new fittings and a mill could not fix.

I can pretty much now run on either tank at the track now but when I am running the high test fuel (13.00 a gallon) it gets very expensive filling up the stock tank!

Your truck is totally cool too. It is just a lot of fun at making a big crewcab faster than quite a few rides out on the road. I don't know if I have more money in mine than just in your engine setup though, that thing rocks!

The stacking of a harness chip and a program works pretty good. Of course you don't take a 150 horse chip and a 200 horse tune and stack for a total gain of 350 ponies. On my big program I get close to 500 ponies. Adding the chip to the mix it picks up another 50 or so. Some power adders won't stack at all and run like crap. It takes some experimenting to get it right but once you do it works pretty well.

Your track day coming up? I hope the new meats work out for you.....
Old 03-18-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
Yep,

I have seen the pickup. It actually came out right after I had already disassembled mine and "rebuilt" it for max flow. Mine is not billet but it was nothing some new fittings and a mill could not fix.

I can pretty much now run on either tank at the track now but when I am running the high test fuel (13.00 a gallon) it gets very expensive filling up the stock tank!

Your truck is totally cool too. It is just a lot of fun at making a big crewcab faster than quite a few rides out on the road. I don't know if I have more money in mine than just in your engine setup though, that thing rocks!

The stacking of a harness chip and a program works pretty good. Of course you don't take a 150 horse chip and a 200 horse tune and stack for a total gain of 350 ponies. On my big program I get close to 500 ponies. Adding the chip to the mix it picks up another 50 or so. Some power adders won't stack at all and run like crap. It takes some experimenting to get it right but once you do it works pretty well.

Your track day coming up? I hope the new meats work out for you.....
Yeah theres nothing quite like stomping a F body, mustang, ricer ect.. with a crew cab!

I am curious on your hight test fuel? One of my techs runs a 50/50 diesel / 100 octane VP mix on race days, but what is the high test??

Thanks again for sharing your info!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

I run the fuel that the diesel tractor pullers use. It has a much higher cetane rating, better lubrication and burns more completely. The fuel helped me pickup up some HP and TQ on the dyno and it really shines at the track. It really runs smooth and quiet, barely even sounds like a diesel.

I have heard of folks mixing diesel and gas before but I think it is a bad idea. What you are really doing is raising the octane of the fuel, bad juju for a diesel. You want max cetane for easier fuel ignition. Plus, the gasoline will further decrease lubricity of the fuel.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft loops