Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deatschworks injectors or 8.1 Marines?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deatschworks injectors or 8.1 Marines?

Well my injectors need replaced on my truck, my tuner can get me a set of deatschworks for around 400 or I could get the 8.1 Marines for around 200. Is it worth the extra money? Or just go with the marines? Both sets are in the ball park of 60lbs, the truck will never see power worth needing higher than 60. Thank you
Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of marine injectors that came with a turbo kit I purchased from the classified section and from what I was told it would have been fine for the power goal I was after. But I since decided to go with the deatschwerks. Horsepower is addictive so at least I know now that I have some room to grow on the fueling side!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Bumppp
Old 02-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Avery@texas-speed.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know the 8.1 marine injectors are around 40ish at line pressure, and the 8.1 truck injectors are around 30ish at line pressure. The 8.1 would come in the correct length and would have the 99-07c harness plug. The others may or may not be the correct length, and may require a modification to the EV6 plug.

Both injectors would require tables to be built by a tuner. I don't think one would be any easier than the other. I would rule that out, or ask your tuner which he would rather work with.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been running the 8.1 marines that came with my Radix kit. I just installed Deatschwerks 60# that are the same exact height and plug as the stockers and marines. Deatschwerks provides tuning data for their injectors on their website. The 8.1 marines should be around 42# at our fuel pressure (4 bar). The 60# (measured at 3 bar) Deatschwerks are closer to 70# at our pressure. I only bumped up because I have the returnless fuel system and I pullied down to get 9# on my Radix.

Last edited by TrevorH; 02-24-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrevorH
I have been running the 8.1 marines that came with my Radix kit. I just installed Deatschwerks 60# that are the same exact height and plug as the stockers and marines. Deatschwerks provides tuning data for their injectors on their website. The 8.1 marines should be around 42# at our fuel pressure (4 bar). The 60# (measured at 3 bar) Deatschwerks are closer to 70# at our pressure. I only bumped up because I have the returnless fuel system and I pullied down to get 9# on my Radix.

So the marines are the same height and same plug as the factory injectors? All I know is my injectors are currently maxed out and I'm looking to buy a set that I'm not going to max out again. The most the truck will ever have added is a boost cam/Magnuson charger and that will be in the distant future. Mainly just looking for a good set of injectors that I won't have to replace again.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. The marines and the "Silverado/Sierra" Deatschwerks are virtually identical to the stockers. Plug and play. I run the 32D-00-0060-8.