Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

custom tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big fan of get the stuff to do it yourself. I say HPTuners and do it that way, then there's no waiting to get someone to send you a new tune, or no having to make a trip to get it done, because you can do it yourself.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flyer
I'm a big fan of get the stuff to do it yourself. I say HPTuners and do it that way, then there's no waiting to get someone to send you a new tune, or no having to make a trip to get it done, because you can do it yourself.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

thanx guys for all the help. But I have one more question.... Where would I have to go to get this done. I live right on the Alabama/Florida state line.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wannagofast
thanx guys for all the help. But I have one more question.... Where would I have to go to get this done. I live right on the Alabama/Florida state line.

man i thought i would never here that name again...i lived outside of atmore back in the '70's.a place on the creek called nocomas trailer park.the guy that owned it name was stephan nall....cool to here of it again...
Old 12-21-2004, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

You can do the performance tunes via mail.

I believe (Allen) nelsonperformance saves all his custom tunes to a databse and could give you a custom tune for your specific cam thru the mail.

I live in NJ and I get my tunes via mail from Allen in Texas. Never had a problem and Allen is a excellent guy.

I heard these other tuners: westers, mti, pcmforless are also good mail tuners, I just choose to go to Allen.

=Dave
Old 12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

all right thanxs I will keep that in mind when I get ready to buy a cam. Yea Atmore probably is still the same. Just a lot of nothing lol.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

wide band rocks (hp tune)
Old 12-21-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

hopefully Im getting HPtuners for christmas
I guess some things need to be "hands on"
Old 12-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Teching In

ok I hear all you guys talking about a custom tune all of the time. Nelson is the one I hear most. Also heard something about a megasquirt??? As you guys know I'm new at doing all this. I was wondering what realy is a custom tune and where can I get it done? I always thought that Hypertech and the handheld tuners where the only ones. Just would like to know what exacly a custom tune is and where I can get one done because wanna go with a cam next. Thanx
It really depends on what forum you're on. Wester's and Nelson's both offer the same level of tuning, each have extensive dyno experience, and both can offer you customized performance gains. My suggestion would be to look at each from a customer service standpoint: Who responds to your e-mails and requests? What kind of warranties do they offer? What are the upgrade options? Can you get credit towards purchase of a newer tune? What do you get for the money?
Old 12-22-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Hey yea that sounds like a good idea thanx!

Quick Reply: custom tune?