Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa High Quality? Hmmm...Not Too Sure

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
It's not their product? They sell it. I paid for the kit and install there.
They made money off of me. They got $800 of it!

Jim
If you dont make any progress. PM me and ill talk to the Corsa rep at work. I see him a few times a week.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
If you dont make any progress. PM me and ill talk to the Corsa rep at work. I see him a few times a week.
Thanks for the added help.
I'll try and give MTI the benefit of the doubt to take care of this for me. I however will not let them keep putting me on the back burner like they have been.
A year ago or more went into MTI to get some opinions on some cam, head, and intake info. They told me that the FAST intake would not work. They said the engine I had was not the same as the F-body cars. The blocks may be aluminum vs. cast iron, but I didn't agree with him.
I was basically getting the brush off since it was a truck customer they were dealing with.
The only guy that was good to me was the guy I ordered the Corsa and Dynatech system from. Though he no longer works there.
Their sales people do give off a bad vibe. I can easily see it. There was a guy who pulled up in a nice WS6. He came in right after me. This was last week when I came in for them to check out my exhaust.
We could have cleaned out the parts in the front of the store for the amount of time him and myself waited for someone to come up to the front to help us.
It took 10 minutes for two sales people to come up to the front. One helped me and the other went to sit down and use a phone. The WS6 guy left pissed off after he seen him do that.
MTI = POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Jim
Old 11-21-2006, 09:46 PM
14 Second Truck Club

It's not their product? They sell it. I paid for the kit and install there.
They made money off of me. They got $800 of it!

Jim
What I am saying is, If you buy something from lets say best buy and dont buy the added warranty. When the product breaks, you contact the manufacture for warranty work. Will MTI take care of it for you?? I am sure they will. If you want it done fast, then call corsa, I have done it with no problems.

Is there a reason you dont want to handle it yourself? Corsa was really easy to deal with. Like I said, I called them in the morning and had a new muffler by 5pm the next day.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1FUNZ71
What I am saying is, If you buy something from lets say best buy and dont buy the added warranty. When the product breaks, you contact the manufacture for warranty work. Will MTI take care of it for you?? I am sure they will. If you want it done fast, then call corsa, I have done it with no problems.

Is there a reason you dont want to handle it yourself? Corsa was really easy to deal with. Like I said, I called them in the morning and had a new muffler by 5pm the next day.
I would, but why not let MTI handle it? They put it on as well. Not the issue, but they should honor their product warranties and labor services.
I'm sure they will handle it. Just have to keep them on their toes to get stuff done.
I know this, this will be the last time I deal with them.

Jim
Old 11-21-2006, 09:58 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I would, but why not let MTI handle it? They put it on as well. Not the issue, but they should honor their product warranties and labor services.
I'm sure they will handle it. Just have to keep them on their toes to get stuff done.
I know this, this will be the last time I deal with them.

Jim

I have always found that unless your spending more money most shops dont handle crap like they should. It sucks, thats why I always contact the top person that I can. Good luck, and if it gets to be to long of a wait, try calling corsa.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1FUNZ71
I have always found that unless your spending more money most shops dont handle crap like they should. It sucks, thats why I always contact the top person that I can. Good luck, and if it gets to be to long of a wait, try calling corsa.
Thanks, will do!

Jim
Old 11-22-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Is MTI going to charge you for installing the new system? Seeing as how you have a warranty through them I assume it covers replacement as well as installation.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might not be reading this right, but it seems that there is more of a problem with MTI than there is with the product that they sold you.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called Corsa for a problem I had and it was resolved within a day. Had my new part less than a week later.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by zippy
I might not be reading this right, but it seems that there is more of a problem with MTI than there is with the product that they sold you.
Your actually 100% correct!
I really should have worded the topic differently!

Jim

Quick Reply: Corsa High Quality? Hmmm...Not Too Sure