Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the differences in exhausts between the 99-01 and the 02+? Are there any?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Ru55el: Yea man, your pretty close so ill meet up with you. Im actually looking at the B&B, Bassani, Borla and any other high dollar catback before i install this to make sure its the one i want. I love the Corsa but im particularly looking at the B&B as the alternative. I just wanna make sure i see everything before i install this exhaust and find out there is something else out there i like better. The Corsa is by far #1 on my list so i doubt that will change but i gotta look at all my options. lol
Old 06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

As for the differences, im not exactly sure but im guessin it would just be the bends in the pipe as far as being a direct bolt on fit. If your going to chop it anyhow, im sure the muffler and tip is the exact same. Just the pipe that is different if im not mistaking.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Well you guys better hurry up as this deal is almost done. Only one left now....

Old 06-13-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Id jump on that last one if anyone is even considering it!!! Hell, if you change your mind, there is no way you will lose money! You will make money if anything so BUY IT UP!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
I think im going to take your idea and cut the pipe to fit it for side exit exhaust. It looks sweet from the pics on your buddies truck! I cant wait to get mine. Should be here in a few days. I just hope its the exact same as the Corsa Sport you would normally pay $800.00 for. I was kinda sketchy on the price being so low but other people have bought from him and his feedback was excellent and you tried it so i figured what the hell. I cant wait to get it!!
Why spend the money for a pre-fabbed kit if your going to moddify it and hack it up???????? Pointless.
So your basically paying $490.00 for a intermediate pipe and a muffler. The system was prefabbed a certain way for performance and to justify the money spent.
The muffler is very long, I too am with TxSilverado on not really seeing that side exit before the rear tire happening. There would have to be an ugly 90* angle on the pipe work to make it work.
The rear exit after the rear tire looks very nice. It doesn't look stock.
I just think it's a waste of money just to cut it up and re-weld a "bolt-on" kit. IMO.

Jim
Old 06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Silverado
What are the differences in exhausts between the 99-01 and the 02+? Are there any?
the difference is one hanger is in a different location, an exaust shop can fix that after you have the system installed (it'll hang good enough to get you to the shop to relocate the hanger). The truck in the picture is a 2001

My system arrived yesterday, perfect condition. I had to use two jacks to get the truck positioned, but I removed my still stock catback in one piece. Total time was under 2 hours to remove old and install new. It looks great and sounds even better. it's a little quiet, but I still have the stock y-pipe, I imagine that it will get louder when I get around to long tubes... also I'm dealing with the "little" V8 right now, so most of you guys should be satisfied.

When idling it's low, yet quiet. When accelerating it's just aggressive, deep and mean, but not too loud. when coasting, it sounds stock.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nickvrebel
the difference is one hanger is in a different location, an exaust shop can fix that after you have the system installed (it'll hang good enough to get you to the shop to relocate the hanger). The truck in the picture is a 2001

My system arrived yesterday, perfect condition. I had to use two jacks to get the truck positioned, but I removed my still stock catback in one piece. Total time was under 2 hours to remove old and install new. It looks great and sounds even better. it's a little quiet, but I still have the stock y-pipe, I imagine that it will get louder when I get around to long tubes... also I'm dealing with the "little" V8 right now, so most of you guys should be satisfied.

When idling it's low, yet quiet. When accelerating it's just aggressive, deep and mean, but not too loud. when coasting, it sounds stock.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Can't wait to get mine.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Is it really ungodly loud without cats? I heard the Corsa Sport was supposed to be a loud system even with the cats.

Chevy6000VHO: I see what your saying but it would still be a $490 system. Your paying for mainly the tip and the muffler. Not much of the cost is in the pipe im sure. First thing is, they dont sell the pieces seperate so you have to buy the whole catback either way. The tip alone sells for $300 new and the muffler im sure is a couple hundred itself. The pipe costs some too but thats the cheap part. I just wanted something different. I dont know though. Im going to install it as it is when i get it and see what room i have to play with. If there is enough to make it side exit, ill probably do it like i said to be different. If there is not enough room, i may just dump it like Txsilverado's and sell the tip to get some money back. We will see. Im really just hoping now that its going to be loud enough for me. I want it to be loud and scream on the outside but remain mostly quiet on the inside. Ill guess ill see soon enough. I wonder what it would sound like with just the stock cats gutted? Ill get headers and Y later but for now, i wonder what it would sound like?

NickVrebel: Thanks for the info man. Im hoping its a little louder than what you say. If its not, like you said, i know LT's and no cats would wake it up ALOT! Either way, im sure ill be satisfied. Now i just gotta decide how im gonna have it exit....
Old 06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's not really all that loud. I took white1 (Matt) for a spin right after I finished the install, he's jealous, it's so quiet compared to his but has a nice rumble at the same time. it should sound pretty nice with the lt's and ORY. You can see straight thru the muffler of course and it's almost as big as my stock muffler.

Quick Reply: Corsa catback.... Is it worth the $$$$$???