Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Catch Can?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
this is just my opinion, but the further away you mount the catch can the better it will work... You gotta remember it's purpose, it is seperating liquid from a vapor... the longer the vapor travels away from it's source, the cooler it gets. When it cools the vapor turns to a liquid....
Never thought of it that way, but i would have to agree. Mine is on the other far side of the brake booster and works great from what i can tell..
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 AM
formerly b4vwannabe (2/4/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blsnelling
What's wrong with mounting it to the brake booster? It doesn't get much closer and cleaner than that.
Nothing other than having to use zip ties to secure it to something. To me, it's cleaner being mounted up front using an existing bolt beside the alternator.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

fellas im sorry but im unfamiliar with the interior of these engines and never seen the inside of the ls series engines. whats the catch can doin ? and hows it helpin us ?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:10 AM

it keeps from having blow-by oil get past the PCV during WOT & High RPM situations & getting into the intake plenum. Install the catch can between the PCV & plenum & the can catches the oil instead of it being dumped into the plenum. Just basically helps keep the intake runners in plenum & heads from getting dirty.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

oohhhh ok well damn good idea ut oh cant imagine what my factory 03 looks like at 128,000 miles on it.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HEADHUNTER92
oohhhh ok well damn good idea ut oh cant imagine what my factory 03 looks like at 128,000 miles on it.
The inside of your intake is entirely coated wity oily residue. All of your valves are heavily coated with buildup. The crowns of your pistons are covered with carbon
Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

ooh well uuhh welll i meant for it to be that way.uummm it helps the air and fuel slide right thru the intake better for better flow. yup thats it thats my story and im stickin to it.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by b4vwannabe
Nothing other than having to use zip ties to secure it to something. To me, it's cleaner being mounted up front using an existing bolt beside the alternator.
I'm not sure what you mean. Mine is bolted directly onto the large stud the booster is bolted to. The stud sticks out significantly past the master cylinder, with plenty of room for the catch can. The stud is the exact same size as the hole in the bracket. All that was required was a nut. No zip ties required. The hoses aren't long enough to need them.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Mine is bolted directly onto the large stud the booster is bolted to. The stud sticks out significantly past the master cylinder, with plenty of room for the catch can. The stud is the exact same size as the hole in the bracket. All that was required was a nut. No zip ties required. The hoses aren't long enough to need them.

Looks good. I wasn't aware that it was mounted on that stud. I figured people were just zip tying it somewhere around there. I may be mounting mine there now. Thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

NICE, i have a vacuum assist thingy right there on my truck...

Quick Reply: Which Catch Can?