Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Bottle Mounting Opinions??????????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottle Mounting Opinions??????????????

Ok I have a EC and I am weeks away from the n20 install but Im trying to figure out my bottle location options. I want to mount it in the bed but I dont have a tonn cover! I will be running 10# bottle,purge,remote opener,and warmer. That being said I only have two ideas and you guys please give me your thoughts.
1st-Since I will have a hole in my bed from were the lines/hoses ill be run through if in case I need to remove my bottle(rain or whatever) I can unhook the warmer and opener and jsut run the lines back through te hole and tie them off? How easy is it to unhook a warmer and opener? Its somehting that I can do pretty easily right?
2nd-I can either buy a very small tool box one that is about half the height of the bed(dont want the toolbox to be seen unless you look in the bed) or I can get some kind of box custom made.

Someone give a idea or thoughts on mine because im trying to picture this in my head!
Old 08-18-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

I have seen them mounted inthe little rubbermaid 'tuffy' boxes in the bed. I originally had mine mounted in the bed but moved it to the cab rather than tring to concile it back there.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have seen quiet a few custom boxes done in the bed, some were billet to be real shiny for show and others were jsut regular steel that was painted the same color as the truck and welded to the bed.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

I would try the box idea, it hides the bottle, protects it from weather, and might save you some trouble if you get pulled over
Old 08-18-2004, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thing is that I live in apartments and dont have a garage so the weather is a big factor and getting jacked is to. I really dont like tonn covers and dont know if Im gonna want to spend the $ on a custom box right now! Hell It wouldnt be a big deal to hook the bottle up on just the weekends when I go to the track and cruise thats why I was thinking when I dont have the bottle in I could just run all my lines back through the hole and tie them off under the truck or between the cab and bed. How hard is it to unhook a warmer and remote opener,and purge? Seriously what would it take me 10 mins?
Old 08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

usually people put the purge right by the nitrous solenoid, so when you purge you get pure nitrous right up to the n2o 'noid. So taking the bottle out of the bed shouldn't have much to do with the purge. The warmer you could just leave strapped to the bottle, and the opener as well.....all you would reallyneed to do is unscrew the nitrous line off the bottle, unhook the connectors to the heater blanket and opener, unscrew the bottle brackets and off you go.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

In a sealed box under the bed?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah thats the idea I was having 03gmc I mean if I need to unhook my sh*t it would take me 5min. I just dont need my warmer hard wired. Appreciate the responses I just wanted to see what you guys were doing since Ive never seen a truck with a n20 int he bed personally! Anyone mount a 10# bottle under the ext cab seat before?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

To be honest if I had an ext.cab I'd find a way to mount it inside, like under the seat like you said....within reach to open it. I bought my NX opener used, so that might be why mine was hard to setup (the clutch for the motor), but it seems like there was a fine line between too tight and too loose....too loose and it wouldn't open the bottle, too tight and it would open it so hard that it wouldn't close...then it would shut it too hard to be able to open it.....lol.......
Old 08-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should mount it inside a cooler. that be trick

Quick Reply: Bottle Mounting Opinions??????????????