Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest cam without a stall

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just dont like the fact that there is basically nothing at the low RPMs. Just slipping. Its just my preference. Can't talk me out of it.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by exhappen
I just dont like the fact that there is basically nothing at the low RPMs. Just slipping. Its just my preference. Can't talk me out of it.
What do you consider low rpms? I mean honestly, i have a Yank TT2600 and it feels like a stock convertor until you mash the gas.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

its not actually slipping, Just hasnt engaged yet.

Its all up to you. But the more duration the more the cam is going to LIKE higher rpms more then lower rpms. Higher duration cams are to make more power at higher rpms.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
Why do members of this board insist upon keeping a low stall or no stall at all yet do a cam swap? You like power, you want more power...why not do everything and get the best out of a setup instead of doin a cam swap and still being slow?
WHat is it about people on this board that insist there way is the only way. Maybe .... just MAYBE he doesn't have the time, money and/or desire to swap out the converter (the thing you're incorrectly referring to as a 'stall'). He was asking a legitimate question, if you think he's doing something wrong, fine, state your opinion and move on. Insults are not needed.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not saying that a looser converter won't make a nice difference or that it's not even preferred if moving to a bigger cam, but I am saying it isn't required!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Flyer
WHat is it about people on this board that insist there way is the only way. Maybe .... just MAYBE he doesn't have the time, money and/or desire to swap out the converter (the thing you're incorrectly referring to as a 'stall'). He was asking a legitimate question, if you think he's doing something wrong, fine, state your opinion and move on. Insults are not needed.
I'm sorry but i didn't attack anyone. I simply stated a fact of why not match things to get the best out of it. Maybe i worded it wrong and you took it that way but it was not my intent.
Incorrectly referring to it as a stall. Sorry torque convertor. Happy?
There are many names people refer to a stall convertor or torquee convertor by and trying to downplay what i am saying by telling me stall is incorrect i don't know. I mean the thread title has the word "stall" in it???? So i'm sure he knows what i am referring to!
I'm not saying you can't run a stock convertor but in all honeslty it's stupid to do. Thats my opinon and i understand you don't have to agree. Thats fine do as you wish.
I simply am trying to help the guy by telling him convertors that will work damn near like stock and i guess that part was lost on you.
Forgive me if anything i said didn't make 100%sense to you i am very sorry.

Last edited by TouchOfEvil04; 12-13-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's all good.

The whole stall converter is a pet peve of mine, sometimes I let it get to me. Nothing personal.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I understand. Just trying to give some close to stock convertor feels ya know.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm running a 222/224 .566/.568 on 112 no compaints here

a stall would drop about a second off my 1/4 mile tho lol
Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadrubi
its not actually slipping, Just hasnt engaged yet.

I am aware of the way a torque convertor works. If the engine output speed is not equal to the tranny input speed, I personally would call that slipping (ineffiency). I do realize its because its not actually engaged yet.

My main purpose of the this thread is to discern if the aftermarket torque convertors are really, absolutely a necessity. I drive in city conditions a lot. Some people think the engine with the stock cam needs an aftermarket convertor to best match it.

This isnt even going to be a 100% permanent decision. I just dont want to go through the hassle to just do the convertor at the moment.

Quick Reply: Biggest cam without a stall