Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im am suppose too have one of the first sets. the guy that ordered them for me is personal friends with Dart(the guy that owns it dont know what his name is). We will see if I get them when I am suppose to. Everyone else that I ahve tlaked to that have ordered them have said its a 4-6 week waiting period but I dont know if he pulled some strings for me or what. Ill be sure and take pics and post it up when ever I get them in hopefully next week.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone on ls1tech.com has had nothing to say but good things and good results about wcch, richaird and his heads.

The dart heads are unported and they flow huge they shouldnt even be compared to stock cnc'd heads different ball game, you could use the darts on extreme race apps.

I know of someone on here who has gone with wcch for an NA built 6.0 with an f-11 cam we are gonna see some great numbers here soon.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait to get mine. Richard is a nice guy, helped me out alot. These are two heads for two different applications, I agree with 02 sierra.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:21 PM

Never said they werent a good head. I also poitned out in one of my posts that they are from a gm casting so they only have so much to work with. I jsut wanted something more than what a stock acasting can give me thus I went with the DARts if a stock casting with a port job done to them is good enough for your app then Richard makes a nice setup for you and at a decen price. Im not going to bad-mouth him and say he has a bad product he has given me alot of his time and input but he product just wasnt for me in the end.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Let us know if you got the 8MM valves.I would expect guys like Richard can still compete,they do need to get there price point in line now with the new kid on the block.These Darts have been talked about for weeks,I have yet to see a aggressive sponser get ahold of a set and run them threw the paces,flow bench and chassi dynos.Whats up with that?

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 10-12-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Im getting the combustion chambers cleaned up on my heads to get them elarged to 66cc's and tehy are goign to flow bench them for me and Ill post those up as well as their advertised rating and we will see if they really do flow as much as they say they do.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

lets keep it respectful
Old 10-13-2005, 12:36 AM
FormerVendor

All points well made and well taken in this thread.
Admittedly, it's very difficult to compete with the aftermarket heads now coming online in performace vs application vs dollar. This may ultimately make decisisons on proper head selection MORE difficult rather than less. Nonetheless, competition in this arena is good for the consumer.
Considerable development has been devoted to making our port programs produce the best flow with reduced runner volumes in useable lifts on a consistent basis. We feel our Stage 2 CNC program offers tremendous value for your money. We have stringent specifications for machining used head cores and have had to reject some cores we felt were less than ideal to CNC machine. Our 6.0l heads are currently equipped with Ferrea intake and exhaust valves and Pioneer dual springs, and hardened spring bases. We assemble all our head packages with premium factory or aftermatket Viton valve seals . All in all, we've consistently seen expected, realistic results with our CNC ported heads such as the one posted by moregrip. That engine had an I/C Radix and a 208º/210º cam. The truck had a stock idle and produced a ferocious amount of torque in the all important 1800-3800 rpm engine speeds.
We understand the balance of quality service vs cost and we strive towards providing excellet service and premium product for our customers. We've been in the businesss of providing this service for over 22 years at the same location.
Lastly, it's been an interesting transition developing ports with the same runner volume or smaller than those that the factory has to offer with Edelbrock's newest LS1 cylinder head. Used to be that the factory head's runners were almost always too small (ie. the original LT1's). That being said, stay tuned 4.8l and 5.3l owners. We're working on an Edelbrock CNC ported head for your needs too!

Please email or pm me with any questions, suggestions or comments. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Regards,

Richard
Old 10-13-2005, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

I think Richard answered a few questions for us.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for popping in, Richard. It's good to know a little more about the truck from the dyno.

You should get on that "Moregrip guy" to get his heads on so we can see what's up on known truck

Quick Reply: Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?