Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just really want to see some results. This is like when the AFR's came out... Lot's of chatter about them being kick *** but a

L..........

O..........

N...........

G...........

W..........

A..........

I...........

T..........

for user "on the vehicle" experience with the product.

Don't get me wrong... not knocking anything or anyone. I just think it kinda sucks that there are probably a lot of people wondering about these waiting for winter dyno or spring drag results.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

You posted just ahead of me, Grippy... LOL

Good to see something on these. Numbers look pretty good, too. Anyway to get the details of the combo?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look at the AF ratio on that dyno. You can really see the limit of the 8.1L marine injector hit at 5700 rpms (I assume). Too bad it doesn't have an intake air temp reading along with it.

Man, I really need to get on the dyno.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

I hope to get to the dyno before but I doubt it will happen. Maybe after thought.
I wanted to go to the track tonite, but has been raining in Jersey since Saturday. That way I have a baseline.
Those numbers look pretty good.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigTex
Take a look at the AF ratio on that dyno. You can really see the limit of the 8.1L marine injector hit at 5700 rpms (I assume). Too bad it doesn't have an intake air temp reading along with it.

Man, I really need to get on the dyno.
I'd be very interested in seeing your AFR... betcha it's lean up top.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
... betcha it's lean up top.
You can say that again. Its interesting though, I'm out of injector, my afr climbs up, IATs get pretty toasty, but I rarely see any KR.

I think I'm going to upgrade to a little larger injector pretty soon, probably the 42 SVO. I don't need much.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No the DARTs arent proven yet. They only have the as-cast version available. They will have a cnc program for them shortly. I went with them due to how much more room they have to improve and they flow almost as good as the WCCH heads out of the cast. Ill see if I cant dig up a flow chart for them. I know the people that I bought them from have their sheet with some flow specs on it and a picture of the runner cut away. The chambers on them are 62cc but you can clean them up and get close to 67-68cc out of them. Mine will be enlarged to 66cc to give me ~10.7:1 CR for the 408 with a -2cc valve relief in the piston. I am going on what the owner of Clear Lake Speed told me who is in his late 50's has his own performance shop on the side, raced profressionally for years and IMO knows his **** about building motors. He actually raced against the guy that owns DART and is good friends with him. Ill see if I can dig up some stuff on those heads. Dont get me wrong the WCCH heads are nice heads but they only have so much to work with by going with the factory casting. I want more so for now Im going to use the as-cast version of DART's head then when the cnc program comes out and Im feeling fiesty Ill pull the heads and send them in. Off topic but do you think 8.1L marine injectors will support my setup? Its all in my sig and the nitrous system is going to be a wet system and probably shifting at around 6600 only thing Im worried about is getting into to duty cycle problems.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

The marine injectors are 42lbs I think?The L81 are 30lbs. They should work,I think that is what Allen said for me to use with the 408.
Your heads and my heads are for two different applications. I am not knocking the Dart head, it looks very good as cast, I just had the 317s and was pretty impressed with WCCH and Richard. My guy who builds my oval track motor does really know LSX type heads, they are a whole new game compared to SBC heads. He was supposed to do my 317s but, You have to know LSX head or you can screw them up.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not to just **** on somebody but competition is competition in the good ol USA. WCCH has some great products but just look what another site sponsor has. Patriot performance. You tell me the better bang for the buck. No core charges. No comparison.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Dart stuff is pretty good as cast, the price is even better I think they are like $650 a head, that is a bolt on piece. Dart started with 11/32 valves, now cause of the input over on LS1tech they have changed to 5/16. That is great the way they have listened to the LSX people. They seem to really have it together.

Quick Reply: Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?