Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

80 PSI fuel pressure with the engine off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
App you did it by luck then if you can not figure out a fuel pressure issue, not listen to anybody that has blamed parts that are already verified as working properly while neglecting to give any information about the topic at hand. I just remembered though, we are all clueless here
Fixed that for you.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you.. Would it be possible for you to tell me why my right rear tire is losing air??
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you.. Would it be possible for you to tell me why my right rear tire is losing air??
Your tire pressure gauge is wrong, did you check it with another one, what about another one after that? Did you attach it with a long hose and tape it to the windshield so you can see what the tire pressure does at speed?

I wouldn't worry about low tire pressure, the wheel is still round so it should be fine.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Baltimore Whore

It can't be wrong. I have been using it for some time, when I check the tire it reads fine, but my tire still looks really low on pressure.. Some body told me to try another gauge but I insisted that mine was fine, through a tantrum when they didn't agree with me, instead of maybe taking what they said into consideration.. I finally sold my truck because of it.. Got a new truck checked the tires again, it still said low. Turns out my gauge was fucked up
Old 09-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Just verified it with a brand new out of the box mechanical gauge AND an electric gauge.

So that is 3 gauges that say 80 PSI with engine off. Anyone want to still blame the gauge?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

It can't be wrong. I have been using it for some time, when I check the tire it reads fine, but my tire still looks really low on pressure.. Some body told me to try another gauge but I insisted that mine was fine, through a tantrum when they didn't agree with me, instead of maybe taking what they said into consideration.. I finally sold my truck because of it.. Got a new truck checked the tires again, it still said low. Turns out my gauge was fucked up
Just beat the **** out of it as is, it will be alright. Sure the tire might have a catastrophic failure and you could die because of it, but it's the internet - who gives a smurf.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
who gives a smurf.

Exactly my thoughts about this thread.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

the regulator is not a common failure point on these trucks which is why we questioned your guage. Where are you tapping in with your guage?

you could always start the truck and check the log.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
the regulator is not a common failure point on these trucks which is why we questioned your guage. Where are you tapping in with your guage?

you could always start the truck and check the log.
The gauge is on the rail, in order to check the log I'm going to have to take it on a 20 minute drive before my STFT's start doing work so that I have something to look at. I really was trying to avoid a road test until I knew for sure the system wasn't borked.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
The gauge is on the rail, in order to check the log I'm going to have to take it on a 20 minute drive before my STFT's start doing work so that I have something to look at. I really was trying to avoid a road test until I knew for sure the system wasn't borked.
i was thinking with a wideband.

Quick Reply: 80 PSI fuel pressure with the engine off?