Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

60 lb injector swap on Radix 2004

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
hey! good on ya! me too! both HPTuners and the Dynojet Wideband

why don't you email me your bin file? I'd love to look it over, just curious more than anything.

if your ok with it I'll PM you my addy
Can't do it. Guys get paid good money for custom tuning like we did. I'm more than happy to share some tips and help a little if someone has a issue like mine, but I won't give out my tune again.

As a side note, the tune works pretty good considering I ran 14.65 at 93 mph yesterday .... with IAT's starting at 122 degrees at the line, rising to 132 at the top of first gear, and then skyrocketing to 179 (and yanking 3 degrees of timing) at the top of second gear. If I could have kept the IAT's down I'd have had a 14.5 for certain. I need a bigger cooler. Much bigger.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:03 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Can't do it. Guys get paid good money for custom tuning like we did. I'm more than happy to share some tips and help a little if someone has a issue like mine, but I won't give out my tune again.

As a side note, the tune works pretty good considering I ran 14.65 at 93 mph yesterday .... with IAT's starting at 122 degrees at the line, rising to 132 at the top of first gear, and then skyrocketing to 179 (and yanking 3 degrees of timing) at the top of second gear. If I could have kept the IAT's down I'd have had a 14.5 for certain. I need a bigger cooler. Much bigger.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:51 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After all the help you got here
Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe it is a 2004 thing but i have ran several diferent injectors and for the most part it was as simple as geting the ifr close and then tweaking the pe table. never took more than an hour or two to get them dialed in real close.

i have used 42's, 55's and 57's.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
After all the help you got here
What are you talking about? I don't see anyone else handing out tunes.

What about the step by step comments/clarifications that I sent to you about the Radix install guide for the H2?

I'd expect that anyone would say I give pretty thorough information in my posts whenever I can. I'm also openly and freely sharing my setup information which many do not do. You'd hold it against me that I won't share my exact tune? I do a hell of a lot better than simply making statements without much supporting information. If I find a problem I try to solve it and overcome it. I've done that. There are definitely some holes in the information out there about what works and what doesn't.

So should I have sat back with my 42's until I made enough mods that I went dangerously lean and my engine blew? If 42's were enough on my combo I'd still have them. It's not like I wanted to run 60's to be "cool" or different. It's not like I wanted to spend more than $200 for a fuel pump booster that I don't need and can't use now only to end up spending another $500 for injectors that supposedly were not needed but DID fix the problem.

All I wanted is a fuel system that can maintain 11.1-11.3 AFR throughout the RPM band. I made that happen. If someone else sees the same issues I had, they can do the same or formulate their own approach from my information. That's how I return the favor for the information I've gained here.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parish8
maybe it is a 2004 thing but i have ran several diferent injectors and for the most part it was as simple as geting the ifr close and then tweaking the pe table. never took more than an hour or two to get them dialed in real close.

i have used 42's, 55's and 57's.
That's about how long it would take us to do it again I imagine Not more than 4 for sure...
Old 05-08-2005, 07:53 PM
blownerator

What are you talking about? I don't see anyone else handing out tunes.

What about the step by step comments/clarifications that I sent to you about the Radix install guide for the H2?

I'd expect that anyone would say I give pretty thorough information in my posts whenever I can. I'm also openly and freely sharing my setup information which many do not do. You'd hold it against me that I won't share my exact tune? I do a hell of a lot better than simply making statements without much supporting information. If I find a problem I try to solve it and overcome it. I've done that. There are definitely some holes in the information out there about what works and what doesn't.

So should I have sat back with my 42's until I made enough mods that I went dangerously lean and my engine blew? If 42's were enough on my combo I'd still have them. It's not like I wanted to run 60's to be "cool" or different. It's not like I wanted to spend more than $200 for a fuel pump booster that I don't need and can't use now only to end up spending another $500 for injectors that supposedly were not needed but DID fix the problem.

All I wanted is a fuel system that can maintain 11.1-11.3 AFR throughout the RPM band. I made that happen. If someone else sees the same issues I had, they can do the same or formulate their own approach from my information. That's how I return the favor for the information I've gained here.

As for the step by step comments they were noted, thank you....As for sharing tunes, I have given and recieved many a tune from fellow tech members. As for the pump booster, I am sure you can sell it and get most if not all of your money back. And last but not least, I am in no way putting you down for what you have done.....I am just a bit suprised that there are people making more power than you on the stock injectos, I have seen 550+ on them in person.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
And last but not least, I am in no way putting you down for what you have done.....
Alright, then. I'm more than a little frustrated with some of my search for answers to the issue and might have taken your comment the wrong way. I'm just looking for more information to try to identify whether or not my issue applies to all 2004 6 liter's or just mine.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
blownerator

and again let me reiterate, I am in no way taking a punch at you.....I just question your choice not to share the info you have gained from your sacrifice.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Brian, what was the AFR that accompanied the 550 RWHP?

My instinct is to think that it was a lot leaner than the 11.1-11.3 that I was shooting for and couldn't maintain. Maybe I'm just demanding

Quick Reply: 60 lb injector swap on Radix 2004