Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

6.0 v8 tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 v8 tuners?

Hey folks, I'm new here. I just bought a 2001 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0 v8 from my step dad. It is currently sitting at 88k. I currently reside in Kentucky, but will be having to drive across the country back to Washington in a few months for a move. I won't have much, just enough to fill the bed. but I'm wondering what are some tuners I can look into getting before I leave? Mainly just to enhance gas mileage just a bit and get some better performance. Right now it has magna flow dual exhaust and a K&N cold air intake but everything else is stock. Any of you guys with same truck, or similar install any tuners? if so which ones and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance,
Spencer
Old 04-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I offer custom tuning with HPTuners and am also a dealer for them if you are interested in getting your own unit. I am not too far from you in north Alabama so we could possibly meet somewhere to do some live tuning if you are interested.

A bolt-on only tune is $275 with unlimited retunes in the future.

I will be traveling to Ohio in the next few weeks if you are somewhat close to i65 we might could work something out.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would do a mail order tune. Bump the main timing tables, add in some PE, delete torque management and emissions codes, add some shift pressure. Will feel like a new truck.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Big one on those truck is just deleting the factories 1 minute power enrichment delay.... that's a massive change on it's own. Some timing..., disable burst knock..... disable a bunch of the stupid limiters..... they are a whole new truck. I have been running my 05 like that since it had 70000 miles and now it's over 200000... sees 5900 rpm WOT shifts every day lol.

Mileage honestly won't change a huge amount..... these trucks aren't really mileage machines lol.