PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   2500HD 6.0/4l80e Turbo help!!?? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/2500hd-6-0-4l80e-turbo-help-551987/)

nsm12690 03-06-2018 07:35 PM

2500HD 6.0/4l80e Turbo help!!??

1 Attachment(s)
New to the forum. I own a 2006 2500HD 6.0/4l80e. Goal is to have a daily driven 650-700hp truck that can drive in weather, haul my boat, take vacation with cold A/C and still make some good power. Would love to touch 11s and cut some decent 60s. Talked to a few shops on turbo kits and KB and Trick are for sure where I'm headed. KB 100% has my vote so far due to great communication. So just wanted a general thread on to do's and not to do's. So far this is what I have come up with:

KB turbo kit S475
450 walboro fuel pump
80lb injetors
meth kit w/pump
317 heads rebuilt/machined/ported
ARP head bolt kit
Head gaskets
Crank bolt
Exhaust unsure if anyone makes anything for this set up or not probably going to have to go to an exhaust shop in Maryland.
Plugs/Plug wires
Turbo cam
New timing chain
Valve springs
Pushrods
Retainers
Rockers
Lifters
Water pump
Oil catch can
Upgraded radiator/fans with upgraded harness with 10g wire
Leaving the stock TB and Mani alone for now..
Stage 3 4l80e
Circle D converter unsure on stall and unsure on rear gearing
Solid motor/trans mounts
When taken to the track I'll have bogarts in the rear
Normal tires/wheels when street driven
What suspension are you guys running? or whats needed since I am DD'ing this truck.

Anything that isn't specified, if you have or know the the part number or what part would be good in specific it would be much appreciated!

Hoping you 4 door guys chime in if there are any on here..

I know KB had mentioned his kit is a little different since it will be for my full sized truck and not the smaller trucks they're built for.. Like the fans and frame rail dims are different. So if you guys have installed either of these kits (especially on a 4 door full size truck) please help me out so I can avoid certain mistakes.

Thanks!

BudRacing 03-07-2018 11:47 AM

You probably have one of the most turbo-ready platforms out there, and it sounds like you're looking at the right vendors. I do like Trick's cast manifold. You've got just about all the bases covered that I can think of.

I didn't see it mentioned, but based on the photo it appears to be a 4wd. This is actually a good thing because it means your driveshaft is shorter (higher critical speed).

nsm12690 03-07-2018 12:00 PM

Yes, 4x4. Only thing I'm finding a hard time finding is suspension parts. What guys are running? And how to get one of these kits to fit through my frame rails and if my fans work with the kit. Other than that seems like I've got just about the right amount of information. Appreciate the feed back. Still need to give Trick a call.

BudRacing 03-07-2018 12:50 PM

I believe your radiator is a little wider than the 1500s, so the plumbing wont be as easy unless you downgrade to the 1500 radiator which can still be serviceable when paired with a large trans cooler and independent oil cooler. E-fans should be a pretty simple addition since the turbo plumbing typically doesn't interfere.

silentbravo 03-13-2018 05:53 PM

Very interested in how this turns out. Are you going to tow anything very heavy?

nsm12690 03-13-2018 07:04 PM

Nothing extremely heavy. Just a small boat some times. Maybe junk yard run or two. Other than that normal driving and track time. Probably a few digs against slower cars.

1994Vmax 03-15-2018 09:20 AM

Your rad is the same 34" wide unit as a half ton truck has with e fans. If you swap to e fans all you need to worry about is the 2" in height difference with the body mounts and the 1" taller frame rail. I was going to do a similar turbo setup on my 04 2500 and decided against it and went with a tvs 2300 for now anyway. Mine is not some mild build really and I have a forged 370 with cnc ported cathedrals and a bunch of other crap. I saw you are parting out the truck and not doing it though so it doesn't matter lol.