Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LQ4 Oil Pan Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 LQ4 Oil Pan Question

I'm swapping a 4.8 with a 6.0 in my 06 Silverado 1500. Got the block bored to 4.030 and got all my parts almost already.

I was wondering if anyone is running a Canton Oil Pan in a Silverado? I'm trying to see if it'll fit but they don't have full length dimensions from front to back on the website. I sent them an e-mail but figured I would ask here in the meantime.

Also if you're running a different oil pan that fits in a Silverado let me know, i'm looking at wet sump only. Considered dry but I don't know if I can fit it in the budget at the moment or if it's completely necessary for my.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Why are you looking at aftermarket pans? Just curious why you feel like the stock won't work for you
Old 07-13-2017, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wretched73
Why are you looking at aftermarket pans? Just curious why you feel like the stock won't work for you

I wanted to prevent the oil from sloshing around/away from the pickup around turns etc. I'm building a pre runner so I figured better to be safe than sorry if I can fit it into the budget. I'm open to all opinions though if y'all think the stock pan, windage and dump would be fine then I would stay stock a buddy of mine told me to definitely look at aftermarket pans so that's why I started.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

I'd contact Improved Racing and see if they had something that would work with your stock pan. I haven't heard of issues with the stock truck pans- the corvettes have had issues though
Old 07-16-2017, 05:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Stick with the factory truck pan. It is actually very good at preventing starvation due to the very deep rear sump.

Never seen or done any back to back tests, but I'd be willing to bet that the factory truck pan performs the same, if not better, than any of the aftermarket "wet" pans.