Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

transgo+tci

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transgo+tci

well i just got my transo go shift kit in the other day so now i am going to throw on the verter and the shift kit. can you all give me any advice. any at all plz thank in adv.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fairly big jobs. Read and re-read the shift kit install instructions. Watch the video to if you got it. Do it one step at a time and re-check everything. It is a tedious install. If I were to do my shift kit again I would probably go the lowest settings for shift firmness. No shims in the accum and probably wouldn't drill the seperator plate. Part throttle shifts are very harsh in my truck after the shift kit. Depends on what you are doing with the truck I guess.

The verter is straight forward. Just make sure to get it seated all the way in before bolting up the tranny. I wish I had verified the bolt pattern on my first converter install. It wasn't right. Put a couple quarts of fluid in it before you put it in.

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please do yourself a favor and do the PWM modification when doing the shift kit/verter install. I had no idea about this, and I'm sure there are several others that didn't know about it when they put thier stall in. If you don't do this mod, expect your tci verter to burn the clutch in no time. I didn't do this mod, and after a year my TCC burnt up and sent itself all through my tranny. Now I have not 3-4 cluthes and the reverse clutches are on their way out too.

Read this thread and look at James B.'s pic:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=352201
Old 11-28-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There was something in my transgo kit that I changed that mentioned "do this for aftermarket TCC's" Was a new spool and spring.