Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo problem, please help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey vince that makes sense about the HD-2 kit snce it gives you manual capability so it was trying to be in 1st and third at the same time makes sense well you learn something new everyday.

I am still set on my theroy that without the ALIGNMENT pins if you install the accum housing and then the VB you can cause the gasket to be misaligned. I usually pit the plate on and leave it loose and then install the VB using the alignment holes and then bolt the accumulator in.

And to say I am wrong is foolishness, to say I am giving misleading info is also foolishness. maybe you should reference the tech manual and see what the technical way of installing the VB components are which was devised by the GM engineers so if anything i gave him the technical answer and the way he installed and you install is not the technical way its your way.

however I did learn something from you tonight about the hd-2 kit I was unaware of that thank you. I also learned something else to
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Glad you liked it. I will be putting together a shift kit thread in the next couple weeks. This will help a lot of you I'm sure. Just takes time to gather the photo's and reference material. Vince
That would be great!!!! This just another reason why I have bought and will continue to buy my trans parts FLT and when my tranny blows up I will be buying a tranny from FLT!!! Thanks Vince!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
I am still set on my theroy that without the ALIGNMENT pins if you install the accum housing and then the VB you can cause the gasket to be misaligned.
In the Transgo instructions it does clearly show to use the Z bolts first to align the plate & gaskets to the case, I just used two of the valve body bolts for this.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
maybe you should reference the tech manual and see what the technical way of installing the VB components are which was devised by the GM engineers so if anything i gave him the technical answer and the way he installed and you install is not the technical way its your way.
Robert no where in any of your post did you mention the use of alignment pins. Second off I did have an ATSG manual and the transgo directions by my side as I made my post with the pic's. This is exactly how they state to do it. I do own a GM manual as well. They have you put the accumulator housing last which really does not matter. ATSG does it before the valve body and gm is after. However they both do have you install the spacer plate support before installing the valve body. Also to line this up they have you use alignment pins. Part # J 25025-5 If you read back in thread you will see at one point you had totally confused the original poster. He even stated it. Face it you do not know the ins and outs of this kit. When you mentioned cross leaks you lost him. You yourself admitted that you did learn from this thread and did not know about the bind up condition. Sorry to offend you but this is one thread you should of best left alone. Lets move on and glad you got something out of this thread. Vince

Last edited by FLT; 10-31-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

oh no vince here you go twisting **** around again . yes i did admit that i was unfamiliar with this kit as i have not used it in my personal builds. however the technical info that i did give based on the situation was correct that there could have been a possible cross leak causing a binding outside of the kit as i said wasnt sure about the kit. that is what it sounded like to me. urthermore why is that you have to capitalize on evryones mistake I can bring up threads where you were wrong but I say nothing I dont need to prove anything to anyone for some reason you do it makes no sense to me is it that hard for you these days to have to run a business and then have to come home and sit behind the computer and make sales well I am sorry Vince its a changing world i would rather keep up than be left behind I work 12 hours a day sometimes and then come and do this but i see no need to be harassing and just rude.

Again the tech info that i gave him was right on...yes you were corect in your diagnosis however for what i did know my info was also right

you know before beginning this job I had the upmost repect for you and and others but that has since been lost.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:36 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Time will tell who get's left behind.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just systems administrator, so I'd like to take this opportunity to officially denounce the credibility of MY OWN opinions about trannies! Taking your pick between FLT's and/or PerformaBuilt's advice is bound to be ten times better than anything an overpaid PC Tech has to offer!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

James you give advise to the best of your knowledge and experience's...that's awesome. I'm sure the members appreciate it. You have first hand experience doing some of this stuff, including rebuilding your own. I give you credit for what you have accomplished. This is a tech forum and that is why we are all here as enthusiast's. Keep it up. Vince