Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo problem, please help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:01 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you put the accum on before the valve body most likley you have a cross leak causing most of your problems the gasket will most likley not be aligned if this is the way you did it. with the gasket not aligned it can cause things to apply or not apply when they are not supposed to be or are supposed to be. when you said in M1 it locks up sounds like to me that it is trying to be in 2 gears at once which cannnot happen which by the info supplied about the accum and the locking sounds to me you have a ross leak.....how did you align the gasket and how did you tork the VB and where did you put the three long bolts
Old 10-29-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by performabuilt2
sonds to me that you have created a cross leak amongst other problems if you installed the acum before the VB then the gasket probably wasnt lined up and with 1st locking the tranny down this kinda supports the theory
So your saying that the gasket's where not lined up?.. I threaded all the valve body bolts in with no problem's and I made sure they where the right bolts. The problem I have sounds like it is electrical, I just have to find what it is........
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

well lets all hope that I am wrong
Old 10-29-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you put the accum on before the valve body most likley you have a cross leak causing most of your problems the gasket will most likley not be aligned if this is the way you did it. with the gasket not aligned it can cause things to apply or not apply when they are not supposed to be or are supposed to be. when you said in M1 it locks up sounds like to me that it is trying to be in 2 gears at once which cannnot happen which by the info supplied about the accum and the locking sounds to me you have a ross leak.....how did you align the gasket and how did you tork the VB and where did you put the three long bolts

All of the VB bolts are where they should be, in drive position my trans is in thrid and will not shift, I only have 2ed and 3rd gear no 1st or 4th. The gasket's lined up good and had no problem threading the VB bolts...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

ok so what about when you put it in m1 and it locks up? does it still do that
Old 10-29-2007, 12:41 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

well an no 1-4 sounds like a solenoid or an electrcal problem I am concerned with the trans locking the gear train down in M1
Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, when I put the gear selector in 1st the gear train locks up. I really don't know what the problem is. It sounds like it can be electrical but it feels like a mechanical problem.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

that is what i am most concerned about kinda sounds like the band is applied with the low reverse clutches or the third pack is staying applied will it move in neutral?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

take the pan off and take a few pics before you touch anything and post
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

take the pan off and take a few pics before you touch anything and post
That sound's like a good idea, but when I take the pan off agian I want it to be the last time....I have to to get this problem right before the trans pan comes off agian.

Quick Reply: Transgo problem, please help...