Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Reccomendations on Where to buy TRU TRAC ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I as well answer this question alot..seems like every week

rons machining will be the cheapest
Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He should be come a sponsor on here like he did on ls1trucks dot com.

I was going to go threw Ronsmachinery as well.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Where's the Beef?

I don't know why you didn't find it. You really have to get used to how the search here works. I'd recommend just one word at a time.
Try Locker or LSD instead. Seems to work best that way for me.

I've hinted to him before that he needs to become a sponsor. If you buy from him put in the comments that EVERYONE over here recommends him and that it would be cool if he'd drop in and at least say hi.

btw. I LOVE sarcasm. We go together like Peas and Carrots.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
I don't know why you didn't find it. You really have to get used to how the search here works. I'd recommend just one word at a time.
Try Locker or LSD instead. Seems to work best that way for me.

I've hinted to him before that he needs to become a sponsor. If you buy from him put in the comments that EVERYONE over here recommends him and that it would be cool if he'd drop in and at least say hi.

btw. I LOVE sarcasm. We go together like Peas and Carrots.
Thanks for the search lessons, im not newb, i know how to search.

I also like to see what the latest and best products to get are hence asking the questions .

I dont care for sarcastic comments.

If you just want to try and help then thats different, Thats what we are spose to be here for.

So thanks agin for all the replies, Even yours Kid LOL!

Last edited by TIM Z; 02-23-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Where's the Beef?

Just to clarify, as it sounds like you may have been offended. Probably not but it's hard to tell in text some times.

The search suggestion was just that, A suggestion. I don't know your background so I don't know how familiar you are with anything. Some people sign up and lurk but never really do much searching.
I search a lot and have found that it can be difficult to find stuff if you don't word things right so I was offering a suggestion in case you were one of those people.

That was me trying to HELP since, as you stated, that is what we are here to do. You may not appreciate sarcasm, but I did +1 the Rons suggestion so that I would still be helping you out.

Don't be discouraged by some friendly banter.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Just to clarify, as it sounds like you may have been offended. Probably not but it's hard to tell in text some times.

The search suggestion was just that, A suggestion. I don't know your background so I don't know how familiar you are with anything. Some people sign up and lurk but never really do much searching.
I search a lot and have found that it can be difficult to find stuff if you don't word things right so I was offering a suggestion in case you were one of those people.

That was me trying to HELP since, as you stated, that is what we are here to do. You may not appreciate sarcasm, but I did +1 the Rons suggestion so that I would still be helping you out.

Don't be discouraged by some friendly banter.
No Problem Vicious,

Thanks, i appreciate your trying to help, Thankyou and nice to " meet" you.

I just tend to get peeved when someone tells me to search. No offense.

Im on several forums where when a guy askes a question, he always gets an Ahole who tells him to search or is so put out by the question bieng asked so he posts a sarcastic remark instead of helping the guy with his question.

Every forum seems to answer the " same" questions a lot, but its part of the game as everyone usually wants the same thing.

I always try to help someone because there are a lot of things ive learned and a lot i still dont know.

Ive already built one Turbo truck, bout 4 years ago and i have been away from the " Gasser" scene for a while, so i am trying to find out whats changed or the best place to get stuff again.

Ask Me a Dmax question and i'll tell ya what to do and where to get it.

Back On topic, Thanks for the suggestions guys, going to have to get a Tru trac soon, my G 80 is about toast. Oh well it will be the 3rd one ive had to replace on 3 different trucks.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, Ive they are not that great. Mine seems to be holding up prety good right now, but when it blows Tru Trac here i come. Had it on my last 1500 and loved it. I think, not positive but you might have to re-do the rear end. I dont think its a take out and put in type of thing. I might be wrong, but check on that if not your gonna ruin your gears. I did!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by blownss06
Yeah, Ive they are not that great. Mine seems to be holding up prety good right now, but when it blows Tru Trac here i come. Had it on my last 1500 and loved it. I think, not positive but you might have to re-do the rear end. I dont think its a take out and put in type of thing. I might be wrong, but check on that if not your gonna ruin your gears. I did!!!
Thanks!

I was talking to my friend who is a GM tech and he advised to get a new bearing, press it on and it should go right in with the stock shims, but he also said to double check it with a dial indicator ( which is where i get lost LOL)

So im might just have him help me do it.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

No problem, I had a problem when I installed mines and it was a pain. Messed up a set of gears. Luckly they were under warranty so I got a new set and had it all installed profesionally. It wasnt that expensive, 200-250 I think, cosidering it a pain to get the correct backlash and shim perfect. I think youll like the Tru Trac, I did.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I got mine from Ron's Machine on Ebay.
True, that's where most on here go.

I search a lot and have found that it can be difficult to find stuff if you don't word things right so I was offering a suggestion in case you were one of those people. ...
True, text doesn't convey tone.
Ya, I'm on here quite a bit, & even for me, searchin can be a pain. Even when it's somethin I posted & need to find. I do it as posts, threads, word differently no matter who posted. Even if I know someone that posted in a thread. It doesn't always go as smooth as it should.

Last edited by fastnblu; 02-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Reccomendations on Where to buy TRU TRAC ?