Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

QA1s installed Front and Rear

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us updated. I jsut ordered some qa1 for the front but sicne money was tight i just used some belltech street performance for the back.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I just turned the shocks around, now i can make adjustments rather easily without jacking up the truck. Just turn the steering wheel all the way and adjust one side then turn the steering wheel the other way to adjust the other side. Easy fix
Can you post some pics of the new shock configuration on the front?

I have the double adjustable(DTC-1539P) for the back and need to buy the single adjustable(TC-1958P) for the front.

When I spoke to Caff at QA1 he said the fronts were for a 0-2" drop. The truck is not dropped at all in the front so I was going to go with those. The rear is just dropped a little to level it.

BTW, I currently have the BelTech's front and back also but I think they are way to stiff for the track. The truck used to squat and lift a lot better with the stock wore-out shocks.

P.S. Go to the track already so we know if your 60ft's improve, lol.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

1st reply post was a quote of the whole ******* OP.

nice looking shocks corey
Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
Can you post some pics of the new shock configuration on the front?

I have the double adjustable(DTC-1539P) for the back and need to buy the single adjustable(TC-1958P) for the front.

When I spoke to Caff at QA1 he said the fronts were for a 0-2" drop. The truck is not dropped at all in the front so I was going to go with those. The rear is just dropped a little to level it.

BTW, I currently have the BelTech's front and back also but I think they are way to stiff for the track. The truck used to squat and lift a lot better with the stock wore-out shocks.

P.S. Go to the track already so we know if your 60ft's improve, lol.
What pics do you want to see? The adjuster on the other side?

i did go to the track yesterday... I was having some fueling issues so the 60ft was down. But with the shocks set on front=1 rear=6, i was able to hook pretty good. Usually i run around 16psi in my slicks and hook, yesterday i was running 20psi and hooking ... Also from what i have read you don't want the rear to squat, you want it to stay where it is, that way all the force that would normally cause the rear to squat goes straight to the tires, more pressure on the tires means more traction...
Old 09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
1st reply post was a quote of the whole ******* OP.

nice looking shocks corey
Ya i fixed that first quote, it took my phone forever to load the thread...

Thanks, the shocks ride great just cruisin down the highway... Seems like Front=4 and rear=4 is a nice setting for comfort. Bump each one up 1 or 2 is more a performance setting while cruising...
Old 09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
What pics do you want to see? The adjuster on the other side?

i did go to the track yesterday... I was having some fueling issues so the 60ft was down. But with the shocks set on front=1 rear=6, i was able to hook pretty good. Usually i run around 16psi in my slicks and hook, yesterday i was running 20psi and hooking ... Also from what i have read you don't want the rear to squat, you want it to stay where it is, that way all the force that would normally cause the rear to squat goes straight to the tires, more pressure on the tires means more traction...
Yes, pics of the shock how it site now after you flipped it to where you have better access to the adjuster ****.

I have also read that but that it depends on what type of suspension you have like leaf, ladder bars, 4-link etc. Some have even said you want the rear to lift like a cat about to leap.

With my worn out stock shocks the rear would squat a little while the front would lift. you could see it on the take off and a little in the 1-2 shift. Now it just goes with no body movement.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you by chance check the shock angles before using the extenders? i wonder how much of an improvement you made with them. they certainly look like they are at a much better angle
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
did you by chance check the shock angles before using the extenders? i wonder how much of an improvement you made with them. they certainly look like they are at a much better angle
Here you go

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=467715
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great, wish i had some on mine.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

60ft better???

Quick Reply: QA1s installed Front and Rear