Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

NNBS 4L80 swappers

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NNBS 4L80 swappers

I bought a low mile, but apparently roughly run ex border patrol 08 Tahoe. 5.3, 4l60, can think of what case is in it. Eventually I planned axles, and a 4l80 but after a trip up north in the mountains it seems the 60 isn't going to suit my needs. It was running hotter that I'd like 225* up hills without trailer, just camping gear inside. Going to see what the warranty company will do for this. It also, after its warm bangs through gears pretty rough. If they'll spring for a rebuild I'd be happy.

Heres the technical portion of the story. I have access to plenty of 00-02 4l 80's and transfer cases. I have tried to search for what year to get and it seems 01+ tranny is similar but want to be sure gen3 and 4 didn't have any major differences. I can get a van TCU to run it. I just haven't seen anyone say what year tranny works, or anyone doing it 4x4. Seems guys doing 2wd race truck stuff. Any help is appreciated. I have the wiring diagrams and such to do these and can build a cross member. Don't want a small technical hang up 90% of the way through.