Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
It was just barely an inch. No problem on the photos, glad I could be of help. I prolly would not go for the 7 inch backspace, I bet it would get pretty tight.
That's perfect Max -- Looks great!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:02 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

700 club checking in here. I rolled a new best yesterday at the TS Performance All Diesel challenge of 772.5 HP. Torque crossed 1500 foot pounds. The truck was still carrying over 700 horse out past 120 MPH.

I will scan in the sheet when I get home from the trip.

so how did the Nostalgia's hook up?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had to run the DOT cheaters for the event per the class rules. No new results to report. I may go to TNT this weekend though to see how they do.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:28 PM
what a rush!

Hey BMDMAX ? so whats the final word? Nostalgias or the Cheaters? which hook better for ya?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Honestly about the same. I think that the Nostalgias have more potential in them but the problem now is loading the drivetrain to launch hard enough.

I can spool about 10 pounds of boost before I blow away the rear brakes. At a 10 PSI launch both slicks hold just fine. If I could load the driveline line like the 4WD trucks can and spool up to about 20 ~ 25 PSI then I bet the Nostalgias would take the truck to the next level.

So far I have not figured out how to do that. I have been kicking around re-proportioning the brake pressure but then you could have a problem if you need to stop that sucker at high speed. Larger rear brakes would help but then I need a larger rim and they don't make slicks for our truck that fit an 18+ inch rim. It is a real friggin dilema unless I just go ahead and back-half the bitch.........
Old 08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
what a rush!

Honestly about the same. I think that the Nostalgias have more potential in them but the problem now is loading the drivetrain to launch hard enough.

I can spool about 10 pounds of boost before I blow away the rear brakes. At a 10 PSI launch both slicks hold just fine. If I could load the driveline line like the 4WD trucks can and spool up to about 20 ~ 25 PSI then I bet the Nostalgias would take the truck to the next level.

So far I have not figured out how to do that. I have been kicking around re-proportioning the brake pressure but then you could have a problem if you need to stop that sucker at high speed. Larger rear brakes would help but then I need a larger rim and they don't make slicks for our truck that fit an 18+ inch rim. It is a real friggin dilema unless I just go ahead and back-half the bitch.........
Thanks for the info bro what psi are you running in those Nostalgias? and what would you say the lowest psi should be in a tire NOT secured with screws?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am running 13 to 14 pounds in them with screws. Any lower PSI and it gets real loose.

On my set without screws I kept them at 15 pounds and had minimal rim movement. I probably would not drop any lower than that.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

why dont you get some type of driveline break? If you could get a small rotor mounted to the back of the transmission OR the rear and you would have all the brakes needed for launching keep inmind its a whole lot easier to hold the there then at the wheels
Old 08-20-2005, 12:46 PM
what a rush!

I am running 13 to 14 pounds in them with screws. Any lower PSI and it gets real loose.

On my set without screws I kept them at 15 pounds and had minimal rim movement. I probably would not drop any lower than that.
thanks bro, what tubes you running?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
thanks bro, what tubes you running?
I run the Goodyear tubes for the 31 to 33'' tires.

Available at Jeg's.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...05&prmenbr=361

Quick Reply: Needed: 16x12 6-inch Backspace 8-Lug Aluminum Wheel