PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   My 4L60e exploded... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/my-4l60e-exploded-416246/)

way2much_01 04-23-2008 12:51 PM

please dont waist your hard earned money on a tranny place that just builds stock trannys and thinks they can build you a good built one...i did and it cost me around 8 grand....they do not warranty broke parts....you loose a input or out put shaft again and it will cost you a rebuild every time it happens...trust me...i know...

I think thats why mine took a shit

95ImpSS 04-23-2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04 (Post 3903765)
first time i broke one was on a bolt on 5.3l.:nod:

I'd be surprised if you EVER break one again. :judge:

As for the original poster's issue, not being able to drive in any gear, nor shift at all sounds serious. Ask the shop what they found. Don't just hand 'em money assuming they'll take care of ya. I'm curious to know what they saw that rendered that trans useless. :nod: I've only seen ONE issue where a trans component broke, and won't allow the rotating assembly of trans parts to spin. I've heard of other issues, but I'm curious about this one.

Good luck! :thumb:

nonnieselman 04-23-2008 04:30 PM

i had a output shaft break on a stock 5.3... it was shifting too hard thats it.....

TouchOfEvil04 04-23-2008 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADC10 (Post 3904007)

:

You say that but don't forget i ahve a rcsb with a stock tranny lol.

05GMCL33 04-24-2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADC10 (Post 3904007)

As for the original poster's issue, not being able to drive in any gear, nor shift at all sounds serious. Ask the shop what they found. Don't just hand 'em money assuming they'll take care of ya. I'm curious to know what they saw that rendered that trans useless. :nod: I've only seen ONE issue where a trans component broke, and won't allow the rotating assembly of trans parts to spin. I've heard of other issues, but I'm curious about this one.

Good luck! :thumb:

Two of the pinion gears in the front planetary gear set came apart, that is what broke. I talked to the trans builder today and he told me what all he did for my rebuild. He added new gm five pinion planetary gear sets, HD 2-4 band, nine clutch disks, aluminum accumulators, 4th gear built servo, reused my corvette 2ed gear servo, a new shift kit and a beast shell. I'm also having a trailblazer converter installed and ordering a larger cooler this weekend. I hope this trans will last.

way2much_01 04-24-2008 09:45 PM

Two of the pinion gears in the front planetary gear set came apart, that is what broke. I talked to the trans builder today and he told me what all he did for my rebuild. He added new gm five pinion planetary gear sets, HD 2-4 band, nine clutch disks, aluminum accumulators, 4th gear built servo, reused my corvette 2ed gear servo, a new shift kit and a beast shell. I'm also having a trailblazer converter installed and ordering a larger cooler this weekend. I hope this trans will last.

how much did that cost you?

05GMCL33 04-24-2008 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by way2much_01 (Post 3905296)
how much did that cost you?

I will be honest with you all and say it coast me $2200 for everything even for the tow to the shop.

way2much_01 04-25-2008 12:10 PM

Wow...

way2much_01 05-12-2008 02:12 PM

Finally got around and was curious what happen to my 60E I'm not gonna put it back in there just wanted to know what actually happened... took it to the shop and the same thing that happened to 05GMCL33 tranny except I broke the input shaft as well... I can kinda expect what caused it shifting too hard right? Is this a problem with the tune ar far as the line pressures?

way2much_01 05-13-2008 11:24 AM

guess no one wants to chime in on this??