Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

most expensive and drawn out lowering kit ever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most expensive and drawn out lowering kit ever!!!!

ok ill start by saying i have an 06 silverado CC that was bone stock when i bought it..ive been out of the truck thing for about 8 years (was into the fbody thing ha) anyways. when i bought the truck i did the basic boltons and i put shackles on it to level it out..well a couple months went buy and i decided i wanted to lower it 2 more inches..so i told my GF that i wanted that for christmas.. so she called "sytlin trucks" and told them what i had what i was trying to accomplish and everything and they insisted i get McGaughy's spindles and 2" drop leafs and shocks. thats what she bought. she spent over 800 dollars on this ****..well i take it to my friends shop who i have know for years and they install the kit for me.well the spindles went on great..the leafs went on and everything seemed cool..well we put the truck on the ground and the back was about 2" higher than the front..called McGaughy's they said make sure the bolts weren't binding it up and let it settle for about 200 miles i said ok so let it ride, well after about 2 weeks it hadn't changed i called bitching and they finally agreed to send me a flip kit and hanger relocator kit for 150 bucks and i keep the leafs.. get the kit and take it to the shop again... they hack off the old hangers and put my stock leafs back on and realize they didn't send the u bolts or the backing plate for the bottom. so now my trucks in pieces and holding up my buddies lift...call McGaughy's and he pretty much tells me sorry good luck...so i had to call summit and order a DJM flip kit to get the parts I'm missing and over nite them..that kit was 169+75 for shipping..so do the math thats the most expensive 2/4 drop in history and took me a month to do..im so over McGaughy's and this whole truck bs and to top it off they told me i didn't need to reuse my stock pinion shim and after driving it i need one hahaha FML
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

That happens some times. When I lowered my Yukon XL, I went through 4 sets of rear shocks and 2 sets of rear coils. It still rode like crap. It was a DJM kit.

Sometimes, we just have a good run of bad luck with our projects.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, could be worse.... try lowering a 4x4 down to 4.5/7!

Gonna try to sell the leafs and other parts to offset your costs?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

My buddy went through 3 different sets of leafs on his s10 before he got the hight he wanted. All 3 were from the same manufacture and the same drop. Sorry about your luck.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I sold the shackles and c notch already. Now I'm trying to sell the leafs. Got pics and everything. Just need to get some money back. Now the rear end is hitting my magnaflow catback and it bottoms out on the bump stops a lot I think I need some stiffer shocks.