Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

M&H Drag Slicks Q

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
Thanks, I will let you know if my new ones look the same. If they don't work for you and I have the same result let me know as I am going to report back to Tom at M&H. They might be amenable to another option that does work....
Sounds good!
Thanks!

Oh yeah yes they are 16 x 10's
Old 02-21-2005, 11:30 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I just got off the phone with Tom. They are shipping me out a replacement set of Nostalgias to try because based on the research Tom has done it looks like I got an early production run. I hope to have them soon to try out at Commerce on the 26th.

Hopefully these will get the job done and M&H will definitely get my future business as they are top notch to deal with.
is it the 26th yet?

get the new ones?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
is it the 26th yet?

get the new ones?
Not yet. According to Tom these tires pretty much go right off the line to fill orders as they are in high demand. He was hoping to get me a set by Thursday, pretty much a very tight schedule to have them ready for race day. We will see what happens.

I did get a brand new set of MHD-11's setup as a backup plan, this set with screws so no more rim slippage.

With the new slicks and trans refresh I might be able to shave off a few more tenths. Hell, I might be able to get this pig into the 11's on a good hook and bringing in the N20 a bit earlier.....
Old 02-24-2005, 02:13 PM
what a rush!

Not yet. According to Tom these tires pretty much go right off the line to fill orders as they are in high demand. He was hoping to get me a set by Thursday, pretty much a very tight schedule to have them ready for race day. We will see what happens.

I did get a brand new set of MHD-11's setup as a backup plan, this set with screws so no more rim slippage.

With the new slicks and trans refresh I might be able to shave off a few more tenths. Hell, I might be able to get this pig into the 11's on a good hook and bringing in the N20 a bit earlier.....
how are things looking?
Good luck this weekend! looking fwd to the report
Old 02-24-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dunno, I will know if there are tires waiting for me when I get home. If no tires then all I will be able to report on is the MHD-11s. Of course, that is what I would recommend anyway.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:14 AM
what a rush!

How'd it go bro?
Old 02-27-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by moregrip
How'd it go bro?
Not good, not good at all. This had to be one of the most aggrivating and frustrating days I have had at the dragstrip in long time. It started out with a pretty big line to get into the track and it took forever to get folks in the door. Then to get tech'd took a million years. So after arriving at 10 AM and several hours to get setup I finally got to run my LB7 on just diesel for a shakedown run on the new trans. I had to wait a little bit for that pass but not too bad in the staging lanes. I got paired up with a Dodge Neon SRT-4. The track prep was terrible. The lanes were greasy and not hooking well at all. I had the slicks aired down pretty good and heated them well but it did not help. I pulled a crappy 2.10 60' and trapped with a 13.0 @ 108 but I still wasted the SRT-4.

Then I ran a shakedown pass on the LLY with just the Predator 100 tune. Same traction problems, 2.16 60' and trapped with a 14.3 @ 97.2. Then the wife did her first ever run with me riding shotgun. She did great, even handled the burnout well. Same traction problems, she pulled a 2.19 60' and trapped with a 14.4 @ 96.7 MPH. :ro) I have no complaints about the SC V trannies and the wife had a perma-grin from her run!

We had to wait 3 hours in the staging lanes to make that pass together. The track prep was terrible and cars were breaking left and right oiling down the track. There were also two cars that smacked the left wall and got totaled. The whole event was totally disorganized and borderline dangerous with the track conditions. I am seriously considering never running at Commerce again with such shitty management.

A whole day with only three runs and never even touched the nitrous. I did not get the new Nostalgias from Tom for this race but even if I had the bad track prep would have skewed anything I could tell you about them anyway. I was happy with how the new MHD-11s felt on my truck running with screws, at least there will be no more rim slippage. They ran true and were stable too, even without balancing them.

Anyway, I will try to get to a good track soon and give you a better report. FWIW I really thing that the Nostalgia slick will run better on a 16x12 rim. I am going to order that size rim and try that for the new setup. Sorry for the lame news!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Glad my next track day will be a private event, limited to 90 people.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:52 PM
what a rush!

Not good, not good at all. This had to be one of the most aggrivating and frustrating days I have had at the dragstrip in long time. It started out with a pretty big line to get into the track and it took forever to get folks in the door. Then to get tech'd took a million years. So after arriving at 10 AM and several hours to get setup I finally got to run my LB7 on just diesel for a shakedown run on the new trans. I had to wait a little bit for that pass but not too bad in the staging lanes. I got paired up with a Dodge Neon SRT-4. The track prep was terrible. The lanes were greasy and not hooking well at all. I had the slicks aired down pretty good and heated them well but it did not help. I pulled a crappy 2.10 60' and trapped with a 13.0 @ 108 but I still wasted the SRT-4.

Then I ran a shakedown pass on the LLY with just the Predator 100 tune. Same traction problems, 2.16 60' and trapped with a 14.3 @ 97.2. Then the wife did her first ever run with me riding shotgun. She did great, even handled the burnout well. Same traction problems, she pulled a 2.19 60' and trapped with a 14.4 @ 96.7 MPH. :ro) I have no complaints about the SC V trannies and the wife had a perma-grin from her run!

We had to wait 3 hours in the staging lanes to make that pass together. The track prep was terrible and cars were breaking left and right oiling down the track. There were also two cars that smacked the left wall and got totaled. The whole event was totally disorganized and borderline dangerous with the track conditions. I am seriously considering never running at Commerce again with such shitty management.

A whole day with only three runs and never even touched the nitrous. I did not get the new Nostalgias from Tom for this race but even if I had the bad track prep would have skewed anything I could tell you about them anyway. I was happy with how the new MHD-11s felt on my truck running with screws, at least there will be no more rim slippage. They ran true and were stable too, even without balancing them.

Anyway, I will try to get to a good track soon and give you a better report. FWIW I really thing that the Nostalgia slick will run better on a 16x12 rim. I am going to order that size rim and try that for the new setup. Sorry for the lame news!
damn, what an evolution that turned out to be

sounds like a big hassle.................well...........at least the wife made a good run
Old 02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new M/T drag street tire I have put 1.64 60' down with no problem and I drive them on the street only thing bad is that they are only 26" tall.That is what everyone around here is going to.

Quick Reply: M&H Drag Slicks Q